Fiberglass vs. plastic bodies

Tell ya what. I wrote M&M a letter a couple of years ago thanking them for the bodies. I ran a pro series (hi gloss) on our sprint kart. Spun out at the end of the 1000ft straight at jacksonville FL in front of most of the field. As I came to a stop someone drilled me going wide open. Nerf bar bent up against my leg. Ribs instantly turned black and blue. Side panel was all twisted and I thought it was shot. I unbolted the side panel form the nerf and the nose and it sprung right back to its original shape. I was amazed. I recommend it based on personal experience. The Pro series will also be lighter than a fiberglass body as well.

I ran the high gloss m&m and got nailed head on one night after I got spun, sheared the body off the kart, ripped apart at the seam in the nose. I've use the primer94 as well as several others, it helps, found a few other tricks people may not find ethical just feel that glass is better all around, just my personal opinion though everything on the market has pros and cons

I run a Dowdy fiberglass body in long race seasons on asphalt ovals and quite often run a weekly oval series locally, its gone through 3 seasons and I'm going to use it in a fourth with the second paint job. I just bought a G-man for my Coyote Sprint kart. I can do repairs to Fiberglass. Plastic I cannot repair.

we have a no contact rule (because of the size of the track), and fiberglass and plastic last with us, but I'm after the weight savings! thanks guys! and Happy thanksgiving to all of you and your families!!

we have a no contact rule (because of the size of the track), and fiberglass and plastic last with us........

That's does not mean things won't happen occasionally. On some tracks there is no where to hide, if someone spins out.

Doesn't matter which body you have, if you use it like a battering ram, it won't hold up.

that's true....we're on a 4/10 mile paved oval with lots and lots of ro0m (they also race late models, modified mini's, endure, legends and bando's)...only contact that we have normally, is a kart trying to scrape a layer of paint off the inside wall!

the majestic bodies hold up real well still have mine from 2 years ago, hit the wall with it real good and only has scratches on it, well worth the money jmo.

I run a plastic and took a hard hit on night on both ends in a pile up and chunks tore off all over lol..it was a m and m older stlye.

There's a pretty simple fix M&M offers a 3M body exterior overlay spray coating $70 that's made to stick to that plastic which creates a glass smooth sticky surface for graphics of ur choice just supply the camera-ready digital images & u can get most anything u want basically like a car vinyl wrap

Graphics and paint do not like the majestic/m&m Rubbermaid style bodies another reason why I like glass, I'm a lettering guy though so I'm biased lol

Get a majestic.. Last body you will ever buy! Use the 3M primer and your graphics will stick and last a long time. Same graphics and same body for 3 years and that's at a local track with rough driving..

Back