Finally got one

It'll make a good starter car and you ave a great attitude about it. Have some fun on the cheap before you go all in on a more current ride, or decide to go a different direction.
Balancing between the kart and the micro will be tough though. It seems as though one program always sacrifices for the other....that's when you'll know where your heart is. :)

Be safe, and always remember that racing is supposed to be fun!

All the best,
Brian Carlson
I had the same thought about it being a good starter setup. If I find I really like it, and it is TRULY the car holding me back, then I'll bust out the piggy bank.

The balance will be interesting. The micro is currently going to be the side gig even though I'll race it more. I want a track championship in the karts next year. That and the ever present possibility of wadding up the micro and money that goes with that, The focus will be the Kart with the fun being the micros. Now I just need to find $6K in sponsors to pay for it all lol ;)

I have been looking for one but I think my size would be a problem at 230 pounds. Any big guys doing good I them?

To add to what jayman has already said, starting in 2002-2003, most manufacturers went to what is referred to as the "wide chassis" design, and starting about 2007, most builders also went to pedal assemblies with multiple mounting positions (look for that feature on whatever you buy) so that you had much more adjustment than just the limited variation of seat position to accommodate taller drivers and didn't have to have the pedal mounts cut off the frame and welded on farther forward. Just buy a seat that fits, mount it to the frame with no spacers to raise it or move it forward, then adjust the pedals to suit and go racing.

To add to what jayman has already said, starting in 2002-2003, most manufacturers went to what is referred to as the "wide chassis" design, and starting about 2007, most builders also went to pedal assemblies with multiple mounting positions (look for that feature on whatever you buy) so that you had much more adjustment than just the limited variation of seat position to accommodate taller drivers and didn't have to have the pedal mounts cut off the frame and welded on farther forward. Just buy a seat that fits, mount it to the frame with no spacers to raise it or move it forward, then adjust the pedals to suit and go racing.
Where is the best place thats like the bobs we have here for these? Its probably a couple years down the road but i see us getting one.

Where is the best place thats like the bobs we have here for these? Its probably a couple years down the road but i see us getting one.
The only one I have found that is still active at all is maximum dirt. With that said i haven't found anything that is all that good. Hyper Chassis has several 5 hour long videos on setups. I've watched about 10 minutes of one of them.

Back