Finally Pulled the trigger on a LO206 for Son

TechWest Racing

Well a week ago Thursday we took delivery on a Arrow X9 28/30 for my 13 year old son ( LO206) from Kartsport in Mooresville NC. Tested Thursday & Friday at GoPro Motorplex Mooresville NC, so he could race the Doubleheader race weekend. This was his first venture in a Real Kart up to now it has been all indoor rental kart league racing. I would like to Thank Brandon & John at Kartsport for all the help and support through this whole process. It is nice to know in todays world that Kartsport understands service & support goes along way with new racing customers.

We did make it through last weekend with continued sorting of the driver & kart but with the help of some very friendly fellow competitors as well. The weekend was a huge success on all fronts, Brian was 3rd on Saturday & 2nd on Sunday. And the kart continues to motor on with every tweak we were throwing at it.

This week we finally got the tire pressures figured out to keep the kart & driver happy. A test and tune session at CMP in Kershaw SC was fun as well as giving my son a different track to look at.
If anyone is sitting on the side lines thinking about getting into the LO206 karting world all I can say is do it! We have had nothing but a great experience with the folks at KartSport in Mooresville NC to the fellow racers out at the two tracks we have been at so far. I know we have a lot to learn in the coming months but the pay back has been all well worth the time spent.

Pat Collins

Hi Pat,

You are going to love the Lo-206 class. My 13 year old has raced that class down here in Florida Winter Tour. Florida is a little behind the times when it comes to making changes. The LO-206 is a great engine package. The guys we race with down here are friendly and always willing to lend a hand.

If you come down for the tour get in touch with me .

Rusty Fox

If you are looking for a younger child kart --- we at MGM. Have one of the best -- aka. WKA
And we are also local

Peewee

Back