flat head cranks stock

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
i found an old guy who says hes got a bunch of briggs stuff from his shop years ago... going over this friday can someone tell me what number i will find on the crank for flat heads?? or anything else i should be looking for... mostly an animal guy, i know cranks are kinda hard to find. any help appreciated
.. thanks

well duh.. forgot to ask... anyone know the stock part number for the cranks??

There are quite a few different cranks George depending on the application they were originally for. Engines for a pump have a threaded crank end, generators have a tapered shaft, gear reduction motors have a gear made on them I believe. If you have the model and type numbers of an engine that uses the "regular" crank I have a friend who owns a small engine shop and I can get you the part number for that particular model. (The model and type is located on the blower housing)

There are two basic crank part numbers that we use. Small journal and large journal.
There is a third (more rare) part number for the dual bearing with the fly-side bearing installed with a bushing under it.

The motorsports (555XXX) numbering will be the same as the lawn and garden stuff, but with the different packaging.

Is this new, old stock, inventory, George? If so, we'd be interested in all of it.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

new, old stock (inventory). here are a couple of part numbers he gave me... 396877 and 396876 still digging for part numbers on other stuff..

There are two basic crank part numbers that we use. Small journal and large journal.
There is a third (more rare) part number for the dual bearing with the fly-side bearing installed with a bushing under it.

The motorsports (555XXX) numbering will be the same as the lawn and garden stuff, but with the different packaging.

Is this new, old stock, inventory, George? If so, we'd be interested in all of it.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

so its best to assume that if the part numbers don't start 555 then it won't be of any use? yes?

not necessarily, as the pre motorsports era of briggs parts are simply the std. lawn and garden part numbers. the old hardened cranks are great.

Back