Flat head modified parts...

Cams i have ran as well as those mentioned are the 117 , 98 exp ,115 ,375 and 458. .
Clements liked the p-open .
107ss was mild and simple the 375 i didnt care for .
The 458 is a pain to fit that much lift .
Obviously billet lifter , there may be good and better , thats a failure point of concern.

I'm thinking the 112ALT is my jam. I have a tendency to jump classes. I would like to help develop the class, then go to another struggling class. I have a clone right now, but that class seems to be growing some legs. I have a UAS, cause who don't like HP? But there is a gap between the two around here, so I am hoping if I build something that some never cloners will get on board. Maybe some clone guys will want to play every once in a while, same with the UAS guys. They don't race every weekend, but don't want to go to clone... I think 8200 is a fine number to get some blood pressure going.

Cams i have ran as well as those mentioned are the 117 , 98 exp ,115 ,375 and 458. .
Clements liked the p-open .
107ss was mild and simple the 375 i didnt care for .
The 458 is a pain to fit that much lift .
Obviously billet lifter , there may be good and better , thats a failure point of concern.
What was your opinion of the 107ss? I thought about going with that one for a minute, but thought that might be too far in the tame direction.

It was pretty good , runs out of breath though up above 7000. Good hot stock cam .
Racing against others with the 112alt , had to switch to keep up .
All need starter box .
The 110 drag also was fair the 112 is hard to beat in my opinion .

I run the 112 ALT in mine and I’ll tell you it’s making steam long before the clutch goes 1:1 at 4200 and pulls to 8,000 like a freight train. I have gotten a best of 8400ish out of it and it was still wasn’t layed over yet. I run mine advanced 2 degrees. As far as the regular 110 cam goes it makes bottom grunt quicker and will hang right with the 112 up top. It is also a great cam choice. Those 2 are my favorites in the Dyno line.

112 alt geared 11/66. Too much gear but track was bad and it was a glide through the turn and drag race the straights kinda day.
8776B885-4EF6-4DF5-BAE1-5A12EFA3F4FB.jpeg

the 126 is all we ran in our limiteds.. retard the cam a couple to 3 degrees and couple it with a 368 Tillie. we would turn it around 9200 all day and it lived just fine.. 4.5 rod

the 126 is all we ran in our limiteds.. retard the cam a couple to 3 degrees and couple it with a 368 Tillie. we would turn it around 9200 all day and it lived just fine.. 4.5 rod
Good stuff right there, just add the Mach III Cramac oil and you'll have a chrome looking polished interior at rebuild time.

Hey, I've said all along that I'll be the last man standing with flatheads and parts for them. :)
Keeping Flatheads Great!

-----
?Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
Ok Mr. Carlson, do you have a Billet Crank for a Tec H50 Motorsports Engine or anything else for that matter for these engines?

Ok Mr. Carlson, do you have a Billet Crank for a Tec H50 Motorsports Engine or anything else for that matter for these engines?

I don't know that a billet crank was ever made for the H50s.
We have built a couple over the last few years, but honestly, sourcing parts was a real chore.
I don't think that I have much of anything left for them here in the shop.

Back