Flat head modified parts...

Carlson Racing , Jerry dover , Arc , Dyno and Jc Specialty.
EC Racing Carburetors .
Plenty of independent hoarders around .
Specify whats needed .

Brian is a great guy to deal with guys, he’ll help ya out any way he can and they treat ya like family which is awesome in this day and age. And his motors ain’t bad either🤪

Last edited:
I'm building a limited mod. I am attempting to re-build that class down here in the southwest. I have a retired Jr dragster raptor, stock stroke, stock bore, stock cam, stock head, Tilly HL3??. I have an ARC 4.5'' rod that showed up at the house today. I plan on buying a Weisco 1990P2. Is the Dyno 126 a descent cam option? Also, I am seeing that AKRA Limited FH rules state that head depth can be no less than .400" to the spark plug pocket. What other suggestions can anyone give me to make this thing live a while? I want other guys to build them, or dust them off and bring them out, but I certainly don't want to be blowing this thing up al the time. Thanks for the input.

If you want it to live along time the 126 might be a little on the wild side .
Lot of lift and duration . Keeping the rpm arond 8000 , mine lasted , just normal guide/ valve wear . Never an explosion .

If you want it to live along time the 126 might be a little on the wild side .
Lot of lift and duration . Keeping the rpm arond 8000 , mine lasted , just normal guide/ valve wear . Never an explosion .

It was just getting up on the pipe at 8...LOL let that thing breathe!

racer223,
126 is a good cam, but you will need to turn it hard.
If you're building a "budget" piece with used parts, I wouldn't even consider this cam.
Now, if it's a billet adjustable, you could roll it and take a bunch of ignition timing out of the engine to help it at lower rpms to live longer, but it's just a matter of time until your competition is twisting theirs 10gs and walks the dog on you.
I LOVE limiteds, but they are not for the faint of heart (or wallet.)

I agree, The 126 is probably the go to for Limited Modified around here. or the 112 Alt.
I have build some using the 110 Not the drag 110 but the other one. It pulls like a mad pit bull. Keeps the rpm down to about 8200 or so.
But then like Brian said. Someone turning 10,000 will walk the dog.
It is simply a decision on how long you want the engine to last??
One of the biggest mistakes that I see are that in any limited, running a tilly on alcohol.
Change the oil often and I mean about every 30 laps or so. $10 to $12 per night for oil is a lot cheaper than building a new engine. Because when they blow at 8 to 10 grand. Not much is left that is usable. EC Birt wrote many article about how to tune and run the Tillotson. If you run one you really need to read his articles.

Back