Flat head value

Roman

Anyone know how much these are worth? I have a couple of them. I used to race them but haven't been involved in racing in about 18 years. I see that all the divisions at the tracks in Central Wisconsin are the LO206.

Attachments

• A8A09268-57BB-493F-93BF-338DE3B11353.jpeg
    A8A09268-57BB-493F-93BF-338DE3B11353.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 65
Unless you can verify condition and leakdown... 150-200 a pop is about the norm... now if you have one that’s been recently freshened and good to go you could grab 300 ish for it

They have all been sitting for the last 18 years. 2 were fresh, never raced. 2 have one season on them. I originally wanted to used them for yard karts and mini bikes but since they are set up for Alky, I would have rather sold them to someone who could use them. Since they are not worth much I'll just keep them.

What would be the best way to convert them to gas and have the most power without doing many mods. What else would have to change to run it without a restrictor plate?

For gas you have to back off the spark and put a smaller jet in the carb. Sorry don't know the numbers.

Set timing with a #3 or #4 timing key to get it around 27 degrees.I use a 36 jet or Briggs Part#555114 it's a #35 jet..only 87 octane you'll lose power with 93 octane.Then let it rip.

Set timing with a #3 or #4 timing key to get it around 27 degrees.I use a 36 jet or Briggs Part#555114 it's a #35 jet..only 87 octane you'll lose power with 93 octane.Then let it rip.
Would happen to have a link to where I can order the jet?

Would happen to have a link to where I can order the jet?
We don't have an online shopping cart, but you are welcome to call our shop and order jets.
We accept credit and bank debit cards right over the phone, and ship FedEx daily.
The spark plug should be fine, as should the ignition timing. Just change the jet. The needle will tune the fuel mixture adequately on gas if you start with a .036" - .038" jet.
Have fun with them and don't over-rev them as they likely still have stock rods and not welded lifter bores in them.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Roman...Brian Carlson is the best with flatheads.He helped me with my jets quick turnaround.I've pm'ed and called him many times with questions always willing to help.Great Guy...

Last edited:
The write up by jimmy glen is best ive seen . Do not know of any video . Its pretty well kept secrets even today .
Stock or sa/open ?

The write up by jimmy glen is best ive seen . Do not know of any video . Its pretty well kept secrets even today .
Stock or sa/open ?
Stock I think. The engine was built for junior 1. But I'd like to pulled the restrictor plate and use it in a mini bike.

all I do is minibikes,DITCH THE RESTRICTOR PLATE take high speed needle nut of with 1/2 " wrench.get a flat screw driver the right blade thickness for the jet take it out then put the 36 jet in.backout the high speed needle screw so not to bottom out tighten in up snug with the 1/2" turn the need in gentle until it stops then back it out 1 1/2 turns.my carb likes 1 1/8 turns out.

put a auto lite 458 equivalent in at .030 gap.

if timing is at stock leave it.

if not and you know your cam specs set your timing accordingly.

if you don't 27 degrees works good for stock lift cams...if a timing key is what you want go with a 3 degree key.

Last edited:
Back