Flathead Classes

We ran our SA flatties with the open clones for a few just to make a class. The WKA flatty stuff died off locally here because of lack of tech men to keep after them and police the class. All the tech men are clone engine guys and want nothing to do with flatheads. I also hate the fact that very few race them at a “husky” fellas weight class. We ran them at 340 and I gave up 70 pounds to run the class. I would love to get them back out again. I currently run the animal engine but would bail in a heartbeat for the flathead. Slippery Rock loves them. If your in western Pa. get with me I’ll get ya a place to play no questions asked.

In my general area in central Pa there are flathead classes at Penns Creek, 7 Stars, and Selinsgrove. I know there are other Pa tracks that get a good turnout of flatheads also.

I have 5 race ready flatheads sitting on the shelf. When i lose the weight i need to be competitive i will be at the track with my old 2011 predator chassis and hopefully a loop pipe if the track allows it.

In my general area in central Pa there are flathead classes at Penns Creek, 7 Stars, and Selinsgrove. I know there are other Pa tracks that get a good turnout of flatheads also.
Stateline (NY) gets a decent amount, as does Pittsfield (PA). I just pulled the FH outta hibernation early this year for a FH money race @ Pittsfield tomorrow.

I read somewhere a predator would beat a Flathead. I pulled mine out and got it running. Never ran it until now after it was rebuilt by Baker Racing in 2012. Does anyone know the Gearing? I heard it was 1 tooth smaller driver from the clone? I asked Baker what the target rpm was and his answer was 6800 maybe 6500. Said it could have been the last Flathead he ever did as he's hasn't seen them since then. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I read somewhere a predator would beat a Flathead. I pulled mine out and got it running. Never ran it until now after it was rebuilt by Baker Racing in 2012. Does anyone know the Gearing? I heard it was 1 tooth smaller driver from the clone? I asked Baker what the target rpm was and his answer was 6800 maybe 6500. Said it could have been the last Flathead he ever did as he's hasn't seen them since then. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yea that would be a good start .
13-16 is what we typically ran round here on 35 chain .

Steve or Wayne Baker ?

Sry missed the question part lol. We run the same driver as a clone with 4-6 more teeth on the rear. Turn ours about 7000.
Good Luck today

You'd be surprised how many veteran racers still have a flathead or two sitting in their garage just itching to be used again. Make it worth their while, and you might get a real nice turn-out.
You are right. I still keep my best Hi Tech flathead. Had plenty of fun with it and won more races than in any other class. I am currently running 2cstrokes or my Wankel but still love the sound of those flatheads.

Stateline (NY) gets a decent amount, as does Pittsfield (PA). I just pulled the FH outta hibernation early this year for a FH money race @ Pittsfield tomorrow.
Flat Run in Pa. has been getting 10 -12 WKA's at 350 weight class weekly .

Back