Flathead classes.

A-RACING

Question??? What about 2 classes for "Vintage" flathead?. >>1 Class for stock appearing and the other one for Mods. Do anything you want to do in the Stock Appearing as long it appears stock from the outside. Should plenty of "old" flatheads just "laying" around that folks would have "loved' to pump up.

Great idea . The national Organizations have left the flathead in the past .
Most anyone who's been around awhile has at least one sitting .

Great idea . The national Organizations have left the flathead in the past .
Most anyone who's been around awhile has at least one sitting .
Yep, plenty of them just sitting around. Personally, I have 11 flatheads, ready to go and 4 others in process of being put together. PS: I was thinking of 1 class of stock appearing that can be cranked by pull rope and another that to has to be cranked by starter crank.

Yep, plenty of them just sitting around. Personally, I have 11 flatheads, ready to go and 4 others in process of being put together. PS: I was thinking of 1 class of stock appearing that can be cranked by pull rope and another that to has to be cranked by starter crank.
We use an electric starter on even our WKA purple plate flatheads -- I got tired of that rope snapping back outta my hand. My wife deserved the electric starter the very first time the pull starter got her!
Stock appearing flatties are fun - but are they allowed the Cyclone or billet big bore carbs?

FWIW, we've been building a LOT more limited flatheads the past couple of years than we have in the previous 10!

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

can electric starter things be made easily enuf with off the shelf stuff. its a battery, switch and electric starter... reduction? to a quick release to attach to flywheel nut... yes? i can get some kind of starter... have starters for other things. got battery, get solenoid, got momentary switch. but housing and quick release thing.

Most starters rotate the wrong direction because of the way the starter drive engages the flywheel.

Sometimes you just need to think things through to get whole pictures.

Back