flathead crank in a clone

fasttommy

i read that people biulding stroker animals are using flathead cranks has anyone done this with a clone if so what rod piston combo u use

I have a flathead crank machined and ready for a clone block but the catch is the rod. Because of the long stroke and the 1" journal there is no rod available to fit existing Wiseco piston. I made calls to ARC and they did not advise that short of a rod because of the angle, and were not planning on making any. If you have enough talent to fit the flathead crank, you should be able to make a rod to fit. I got discouraged and lost interest and bought the stroker kit ARC has available to finish the engine. ARC has absolutely beautiful top quality craftsmanship in everything I have seen from them.

Why not just use an animal short block with fh crank and put a clone head and tins on it, works great with the 10 ft. rule,lol!
i read that people biulding stroker animals are using flathead cranks has anyone done this with a clone if so what rod piston combo u use

I have a flathead crank machined and ready for a clone block but the catch is the rod. Because of the long stroke and the 1" journal there is no rod available to fit existing Wiseco piston. I made calls to ARC and they did not advise that short of a rod because of the angle, and were not planning on making any. If you have enough talent to fit the flathead crank, you should be able to make a rod to fit. I got discouraged and lost interest and bought the stroker kit ARC has available to finish the engine. ARC has absolutely beautiful top quality craftsmanship in everything I have seen from them.

do you want to sell the crank

Back