Flathead Engines

Ken C.

I was wondering if it would be easier to sell just the parts from the three flathads I have for sale. The one is a fresh Black Rooster build that supposedly has never been raced. Do I part these out and sell pieces? I hate to rip down a good running engine just to sell parts, but....

Opinions?

I looked at your post, 2 blue plate motors, one supposedly never raced (can't be proven) and an old tiller motor. Not sure what your asking, but I'd be around 250-300 and hope for an offer.

I looked at your post, 2 blue plate motors, one supposedly never raced (can't be proven) and an old tiller motor. Not sure what your asking, but I'd be around 250-300 and hope for an offer.
Agreed. Even around the Midwest where flatheads still run, documentation is key . 300 tops on the lot. And that’s a gamble on the buyers part in my opinion. Good luck with the sale. The gamble is still there!

I was wondering if it would be easier to sell just the parts from the three flathads I have for sale. The one is a fresh Black Rooster build that supposedly has never been raced. Do I part these out and sell pieces? I hate to rip down a good running engine just to sell parts, but....

Opinions?
If you parted out the rooster maybe you get few $$ alot of trouble.I wouldn't do it motor I believe is good...but I think there are a few races on it...
The tiller motor is not worth $$
If my funds were a little better I would love to have the rooster as a spare..
I always hate offering a price.do not want to offend anyone...Let me know what you think.

I would love to get $250 + shipping for the two good motors and I would throw in the other one (old tiller) for the cost of shipping it.

Back