Flathead rebuilding video

Does anyone know of a detailed video explaining the process to rebuild a flathead racing Briggs? And no, I don’t have a Dyno, flow benches etc. I do have a very tired flathead that is sitting on my shelf and I thought it would be a great father/sons project this winter to do together and help them understand how an internal combustion engine works. I do have the mechanical knowledge being an ASE master tech for 25 years. I thought it may be fun to rebuild a purple plate motor and maybe even have my little guy practice with it once to show him the experience of thrill of putting something together with his own hands. I’ll leave my sons race engines up to my builders.
Thanks in advance.
Dana Garton

There may have been one . In the mean time in the engine section "other".
Jimmy glenn has a detailed lay out step by step .

Last edited:
Ok let me take it a step further, is there a “rebuild package” offered that matches a good all around purple plate (jr champ) kit? Ex: cam, springs, rings etc? Again, we don’t plan to contend for a national series race but merely use it as a fun father / sons project.
Thank you
Dana Garton

Ok let me take it a step further, is there a “rebuild package” offered that matches a good all around purple plate (jr champ) kit? Ex: cam, springs, rings etc? Again, we don’t plan to contend for a national series race but merely use it as a fun father / sons project.
Thank you
Dana Garton

Yes. ;)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN