flathead runing to hot

bigdave55

my flathead is running hot around 440 .after i blowed a head gasket put new head gasket on and still running hot what can i do

Free up the go-kart, take off tape from the blower housing, add teeth to the rear sprocket, go up on jet, shorter and or larger ID exhaust header, back down the ignition timing.
440* is not dangerously hot, although higher than I am comfortable seeing for any length of time on the track.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com

Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry

765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

kart works fine with my other motor I don't put tape blower housing -I will try putting more teeth on rear sprocket and go up on jet .I will try it and see how it works thanks

thank you I will put on a new head I was thinking the same thing so I will put on new head larger jet and back down ignition timing that should work thank you all

I had a problem with a flathead getting hot and not restarting, yet i was running a finless flywheel and on alky. I found out to take the shroud off that is under the head around the cylinder and let the air as you race pass through there and it hasnt got hot again.

check your timing i pulled a flywheel off before and degreed it a 35 and it stalled out and wouldnt star so check that it shoul be at 28-31 btdc

Back