Flex pipe length changes What?

Short flex moves power higher in range
Long moves power lower
I set it and forget it.but i run same pipe on all my motors.
if ya run it ya can pull the flex off and look where your flame is in it.

See the wet line thats where the flame was going.i ran this with methanol and non castor oil.i dont care for the non castor.ran good dont like the charcoal powder looking crap.i think thats 9.25” id have to look at notes.

Attachments

• 7147D95F-F34D-4FA4-8776-C25EDCB90CF6.jpeg
    7147D95F-F34D-4FA4-8776-C25EDCB90CF6.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 24
9.50" minimum and much as 10.0"...that's measuring length of flex from piston skirt to end of flex...that's what I was taught by a couple 2stroke gurus that helped me when I started running them..

What I did when I was starting with a 2 cycle...went to a local auto parts store, bought a couple sections of 1 7/8" muffler/exhaust tubing, cut pieces at 9.25, 9.50, 9.75 and 10.0, tried each of them until I found the one that made my motor the most happy at any given track I was running it at, of course plug checks and checking color inside the flex are mandatory, to try to avoid running it too lean and possibly sticking the piston, or running it too rich and ending up fouling a plug...and need to mention I only ever ran a kbdm Buller pipe on my kt and a kb06 Buller on my open...

Last edited:
Back