Flex pipe storage

F1F21

Just picked up 10’ of exhaust tubing that I’m going to cut down to lengths and am trying to figure out a good way to store them and keep them organized and easy to get when I need them. I’ve seen a bunch of different ways but in this area most guys have an old plastic tote they are all thrown in and watching them fumble through them and measure them is painful. So does anyone have any cool tips/tricks they have done to store and easily grab flex pipes?

Way back when I was taking a box full of pipes I took an engraver and wrote the length on each piece. That saved the whole measuring process every time I changed length. I tried organizing them by length in a box, but in the heat of the moment at the track they always ended up shuffled around in the box, so I finally gave on that idea.

How about finding a hole saw that cuts a groove that is the right size for flex? Then a series of "holes/grooves" could be cut maybe 1" deep into a 2x4, and the tubing pieces could just drop in.

A piece of thin plywood with holes cut in a grid - and marked - like a drill index set.

Over the years, I’ve gotten to a point where I have three pieces cut specifically for a pipe and go from there - I use a ziplock bag taped to the pipe depending on what we’re racing.

Back