Flex

the only thing I have really changed from Buller's recommendations or setup has been a little less timing advance or more flex when running too hot which is the biggest issue with my stroker Sudam.
(Per Rainman .)
Question : is a 300 rpm power peak move per 1/4 " . Typical ?
ive only had a couple chances to run mine so far this summer...it has been running a little on the hot side, thinking im gonna try going to 9 3/4"...thx!

Spin check the time 1/8 might be a bit short for a bullring. I would go 5/8 before 3/4 just me. Later Chuck.
I don't know what a "short track" has to do with it. I've never set the flex to match a long/short track, I always set it for a little more on the low end, a little more on the high-end. Past a certain length, it's slower everywhere.

the only thing I have really changed from Buller's recommendations or setup has been a little less timing advance or more flex when running too hot which is the biggest issue with my stroker Sudam.
(Per Rainman .)
Question : is a 300 rpm power peak move per 1/4 " . Typical ?

I can only tell you I have never had 2 engines doing exactlybthe same when I change something.

would it be safe to say that if youre at the long end of recomended flex length, that the motor should run a little rich and be kinda boggy at lower rpms?

would it be safe to say that if youre at the long end of recomended flex length, that the motor should run a little rich and be kinda boggy at lower rpms?
No way... Shape............ or form.!!! I can't even imagine why you would think that! Why would you think that?

Changed the flex on my 125 with KB06 pipe on it to 9 3/4" from piston skirt, in my limited experience it made a noticable improvement running it last night...it was at 9 5/8" previously....😉

Changed the flex on my 125 with KB06 pipe on it to 9 3/4" from piston skirt, in my limited experience it made a noticable improvement running it last night...it was at 9 5/8" previously....😉
In my experience, on the track, I needed a stopwatch to tell me if there was any difference at all. It wasn't something I could feel. You can see it on a dyno, I can understand that.

I'm wondering, do you have an air density gauge? A change in air density could have easily, along with the header change, accounted for that improvement.

In my experience, on the track, I needed a stopwatch to tell me if there was any difference at all. It wasn't something I could feel. You can see it on a dyno, I can understand that.

I'm wondering, do you have an air density gauge? A change in air density could have easily, along with the header change, accounted for that improvement.
I actually have the national weather service on speed dial and a full time crew member whose sole responsibility is to check in with them for air density changes throughout the race day and a 2nd full time crew member to make the necessary compensating changes as the AD changes...😉🏁😊

Back