Floor pan bolts

BusterD

They’ve got a large selection here at the local fastener supply place. Was just gonna get the same style button head Allen screw. Are they .25? Was assuming they were smaller.

BusterD

10/32” 1” long, using 2 washers and nylon locknut.
Spent some time in the winged sprint car world, where weight saving causes a titanium addiction. Wanna know if anyone has been sick enough to put together a ti bolt kit for a kart? Lol

Attachments

• EB17A6D4-B269-460E-B8AE-0C349838B9F3.jpeg
    EB17A6D4-B269-460E-B8AE-0C349838B9F3.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 5

Kj26

There are titanium lug nuts out there, I personally don’t use them, they seem soft and get chewed up easily.
Besides using aluminum tie rods and ends, everything else we use is steel, 95% drilled and pinned. There’s not enough bolts on a kart for a huge weight savings, different wheels weigh less than others as do gears, sprocket guards and hubs. We add weight to all our karts, so I go for strength instead.

BusterD

I was working for a sprint car team a couple years ago. Discovered a bent frame rail, during maintenance, after a wreck the night before. We were thrashing to get the backup car down and ready. It had three grade 8 nerf bar bolts on either side instead of the normal ti bolts we ran. Prominent driver asks where the ti bolts are because he doesn’t want the grade 8 in there. We’re talking about six 10-32x1 1/2” bolts. Talking grams here. Logic and racecar spending rarely go together ???

sundog

I use 1/4-28 grade 5 hex heads and nylocs for belly pan. What ever you do put the heads on the bottom in case you run over someone.