Floor pan material

Carbon fiber .
All the plastic stuff does not have the rigidity so additional support is needed .
Metal can be dangerous .

i've used every thing from plastic corrugated, .040 aluminum to 18 gauge steel.. if i need weight anyway sometimes i use the steel... the issue there is it takes away from the flex of the kart. use what ever works.. same for the nose. i'll use 1/8 alum some times.... i'm packing some weight up there anyway.

I’ve used clear polycarbonate and the think late model plastic as well both worked okay, they crack and sag over time but works for a while

I always used 1/8" ABS Plastic. Mostly on Sprint and Laydown Enduro. It alows flex, plus if you run over the curbs like we do in sprint and Enduro sometimes, the plastic will slide over the curbs. Aluminum or steel will dig in the curbs and slow you down.

Last time I made them I bought 24x24 inch pieces of 3/16 (it might have been .150) ABS stuff on Amazon on have been pleased with them.

If you kart comes with a certain floor pan and you put something made of a thicker and less flexible material be ready to make changes on your setup because a floor pan can be a very important tuning part that seriously affects how your frame flexes, like everything attached to it, including how tight the bolts used to attach the floor pan are.

Back