florida allstars @ jasper nov 9th

Taft Racing

Getting close guys prep those karts the world 100 just around the corner. 300.00 to win 100.00 for second 10 kart min. Keep Daytona on your calander Dec 28th KT 100 Dec 29th Uas 2500.00 purse. Thanks Bob for this section.

Lot's of guys checking out the announcement here, hope that means you guys are gearing up. one week to go and It's "The World 100" time.

What is the preferred tire for this track? What should they punch? Anyone want to help a rookie out?

Thanks,

Hoppy

What is the preferred tire for this track? What should they punch? Anyone want to help a rookie out?

Thanks,

Hoppy

Most any brand 50ish duro. Peter's and Nicosia most likely on Vegas, Schriefels, Alderman, Howe usually on Maxxis.

Not running mods, should be there, ones ready, backup just needs cleaned. Should be there sat morning, you guys just go ahead and dust the track off for me and get it ready for the show. Lol

Not running mods, should be there, ones ready, backup just needs cleaned. Should be there sat morning, you guys just go ahead and dust the track off for me and get it ready for the show. Lol

That'll be great, try and keep up will ya? Oh yes Friday gates open at 12:00 noon, and practice at 4 pm then gates open at 7:30 AM Sat morning with practice at 8:30 just so you know the time line. I have no control over gate and parking but the entry fee is 30.00 for the AllStars. crossroads flyer http://www.crossroadsmotorplex.com/WORLD 100.htm

Going to ride up for the show, leaving the Yamaha at home, just not enough power for Jasper,,,,I'll be there to lend a hand /start some karts,,,,see y'all there.

Back up top guys looks like great weather scheduled in for this weekend. A little break in the heat. The engines will love the cooler air. Get em loaded up. Its just about race time.

I don't know but I hope to run some laps myself Friday.

Tim, you should be able get a few laps in on Friday. But you better leave the driving Saturday for the $$$ to "The Hired Gun" Dustin Dunn!!! LOL He is glad to have a weekend off to come and run the karts.

He is coming off of last weekend where he set a new track record in the Florida Promoters Series for the Pro Truck division. He was driving the #4 Dodge Pro Truck for Master Auto Care. He has been really looking foward driving the #22 Taft Racing 250 in the UAS class.

He will also be driving in the Shootout on Friday night, the Pro Class and World 100 on Saturday in the #59 Todd Miller/Chavos for another 4stroke team that put tighter a ride for him.

We really love going to Jasper this time of year. Can't wait to see you there.

Tim. I was just talking to the hired gun about his tire program for the World 100 and he told me that you will have him on a completely different tire program for the UAS. Would you care to elaborate on that?

Tim. I was just talking to the hired gun about his tire program for the World 100 and he told me that you will have him on a completely different tire program for the UAS. Would you care to elaborate on that?

Yeah. Well I'm not holding Dustin to any tire choice. But I have a tire sponsor in that the Burris family have invested in developing a tire program for open modified karts. You and Dustin may have some real insight in there set up and performance. The Burris tire has a larger rrear run out for added forward bite. They run a more vertical sidewall and use weight and mechanical grip rather than stretch the tire out removing bite then try to regain grip chemically. I'd like for him to at least shake the thing out and give me some feed back before throwing on a set of tires designed for stock low HP karts. I'm committed to all out high HP kart racing and Burris has committed as well seems to me we can support each other. Least wise they have my full commitment for 2014

Back