Flow bench opinions needed

Chipg56

I just replaced the horizontal manometer on my Simons Carb Comparator. I bought a different model Dwyer 40-2 vs 40-1. Dwyer specifies their blue oil vs the red oil. I noticed that the blue oil has double the specific gravity then the red. Will the higher specific gravity make it more difficult to see small changes? Obviously I really don't care about the accuracy of the numbers but only consistency and being able to determine if a change is good or bad. What do you guys think?

Makes sense to me .
When we did air raise roofs in winter they used kerosene (I would have to dig up the manual too be sure ) so the water wouldn't freeze in the manometers .
same scenario it's a gauge for comparison .

Ok, in case anyone is interested. I replaced the fluid from blue to the red. Very happy with the results. Getting a higher variable reading between carbs therefore it is more sensitive to minor changes.

Ok, in case anyone is interested. I replaced the fluid from blue to the red. Very happy with the results. Getting a higher variable reading between carbs therefore it is more sensitive to minor changes.
That would be correct. Higher pressures make it easier to see changes as well.

Would any of you fellas have a manual of the carp comparator. I want tk start using the one my grandpa left me but I cant find anything about how to use it

Would any of you fellas have a manual of the carp comparator. I want tk start using the one my grandpa left me but I cant find anything about how to use it
I do. Later today or tomorrow I will try to copy and send to you.....People seem to seek this rather often and I didn't realize I had it till last week. Will need your E-mail.

I do. Later today or tomorrow I will try to copy and send to you.....People seem to seek this rather often and I didn't realize I had it till last week. Will need your E-mail.
donaldbixbyjr@gmail.com I only know one other guy that owns one and I have searched to web looking for informative videos or reads with no progress. She's about to be the center of attention here at my shop. Other than building the go power dyno back up

Attachments

• 20201004_223137.jpg
    20201004_223137.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 31
Back