flywheel weight difference

W5R

Does anyone know the weight difference between the old black BSP billet steel flywheel and the stock flywheel that comes on clones? The billet actually feels a little heavier to me but don't have a scale big enough to weigh them

If you justwant to know which is heavier hang them on each end of a stick and balance that in the center.

Why would you want to know about the stock flywheel? Only thing it is good for is a paper weight.

Why would you want to know about the stock flywheel? Only thing it is good for is a paper weight.

Some of the box stock predator classes here still use stock flywheels. I am trying to be on the safer side, and use a clone crank with billet steel flywheel. But i would like to know the exact weight difference, if its heavier than the stock flywheel, ill just find a used aluminum one instead. Those stock flywheels have been turning 7000+ rpm the past couple seasons here in Ky and not a single failure from them that i have ever heard of. Looks to me like the quality has gone up a bit in the cast stock flywheels over the past few years a little, but they are still a cast steel flywheel.

Back