Forced oil dipper

zenawarrior

Why Arc didn't make 6248 with a forced oil dipper, like the stroker rod, is beyond me. I now grind my crank to fit the stroker rod, and I can stroke or destroke to suit and I don't have oiling problems anymore. I may even try to make 6248 into a forced dipper, to get a longer rod and a better rod angle. I do like the idea to use an fuelpump to pump oil in (thought about a electric pump). I did cross drill oil channels in a crank, fed through the sidecover into the gap between the bearing and the seal, just haven't run it yet, need to find some seal that can take the pressure. This was in response to a tread in clones but I'm here talking WF.

ive got a great electric gear pump that will put out 30psi no problem for my turbocharged kart engine. i wouldnt reccommend the fuel pump for this task. use a bushing side cover from an intek(or a fit in sleeve on an animal one) and use and a groove on that bearing surface for the feed to the hole in the crank that way the end seal doesnt take any pressure.

I have experimented with using the cam and crank gear as an oil pump.
I got it to pump oil out the PTO end of the crank but couldn't get enough pressure to get it pumped to the rod bearing.

I have experimented with using the cam and crank gear as an oil pump.
I got it to pump oil out the PTO end of the crank but couldn't get enough pressure to get it pumped to the rod bearing.
Hmmm.... I was looking into using a scavenger pump, but then I would need a battery...more weight... and wires. I already got so many wires, adding some lightbulbs it would be a rolling Christmas tree. I would put some pictures on here, of the crank etc., if I knew how. Oiling is not the only problem, breaking cranks is another. For me, supporting the crank is top priority.

Back