Forward lead and rearward

Most chassis are built with the RS wheelbase longer than the LS.
Some karts you can move the RS L block to a rearward position aka Lag, when you move a wheel towards VGC weight transfers to it and away from it faster.

Just my opinion and what I experienced...normal position for the rf is the front hole for the L block (farthest from driver ) if you move it back it loads the rf harder and starts the loading a bit earlier ...if you don't have enough cross in the kart it can free up the back (make the back want to pass the front) on entry i personally like the feel of it when the L block is moved back it also to me feels like for me turning down coming out is better depending on the percentages you are running in the chassis

To add to it, If LT side and RT wheel base measure the same it's neutral, If RT side measures longer than the LT side its lead, If LT side is longer than the right it's Lag. As Jamie points out most newer karts have lead built in, some more than others.

I have a charger cadet How do you change chassis lead when there is no adjustment in the rear axle Do not quite understand

Back