Front end alignment

Jeff04

Is it absolutely necessary to have the driver in the seat during front end caster, camber & toe settings and adjustments? I have the caster & camber gauges. Very new to this. Thanks!

I only sit in it for toe, but set caster and camber with me not in the seat. Camber mainly cause it’s easier, but would also like to know how important it is.

I've not done this a heck of a long time but its my opinion that you do it the same each time whether it be with or without the driver is the important thing.

As the drivers get heavier the more those setting change when they get in the kart so with JR drivers its less important to be in the kart. I cant get my drivers to sit still longer than 10minutes so I only scale with them in the kart for % purposes and caster/camber/toe is without them.

I've not done this a heck of a long time but its my opinion that you do it the same each time whether it be with or without the driver is the important thing.

As the drivers get heavier the more those setting change when they get in the kart so with JR drivers its less important to be in the kart. I cant get my drivers to sit still longer than 10minutes so I only scale with them in the kart for % purposes and caster/camber/toe is without them.
Thanks! That's why I was wondering. I run the 430# class.

Back