Front end heim keeps coming loose

Guys, any of you having issues with RF heim coming loose throughout a race day? I start the day perfect at 2 7/8 and then I start noticing a push and immediately try to adjust tires, etc. Then I checked the camber/toe and of course the RF has slipped to 3 1/2 camber. Anybody have any ideas on how to keep this locked in? I am cranking on the nuts. This is on a 19 Sequel

No need for thread lock .
New parts for sure . Washers on both side ?
How much force when tightening , if it slips to 3.5 how are both nuts tightening up them selves . The one time i I remeber one loosening up it was just plain loose , obviously loose . Are you raising the chassis or bouncing after adjustment ?

If both nuts were still tight let mess guess when you adjusted it to where you wanted it, you didn't pick it up off surface set it back down and re check, if not that the problem I've already picked them up 4 or 5 times and re checked.

I picked up, re checked and re checked again. I definitely know how to adjust a front end, its when I get to the track that it starts to "slip" Thing is, the nuts are tight, just the camber is changing

If both nuts are tight, then they're not the problem. Nuts don't get loose and then tighten themselves back up. The outside nut would have to be almost a full turn loose to allow that much change in camber. If there was something bent, I would assume the bend was up, that would cause an increase in camber. I'd get it back on the scales! Do a lot of measuring. You might try verifying your initial procedure when you originally set the camber. Anything's possible.
Something I don't understand; why do you have to pick the kart up and then set it down again to verify the camber settings?
Did you verify the toe settings? I'm pretty sure if anything got bent on the frame, that would change the toe settings.

Yes the nuts can come loose if the threads have dirt in them, or the threads have a flat spot on them.
The most simple solution would be to replace everything.
I had a similar problem with hub bolts backing out. I put what I call star washers on the bolts and it fixed the problem.

I'd look even deeper.

Ball joint in L block , kingpin and bearings.
Spindle. Even chassis welds.

When things start moving and the obvious doesn't show the problem. keep looking.
Seeing as you have checked and double checked the heim and all . Then there is something else wrong .

Check the kingpin. Possibly bent. I had the same problem. Never took a hit. Found it was the kingpin. Must have hit a bump on the track. Was pretty rough track.

Guys, any of you having issues with RF heim coming loose throughout a race day? I start the day perfect at 2 7/8 and then I start noticing a push and immediately try to adjust tires, etc. Then I checked the camber/toe and of course the RF has slipped to 3 1/2 camber. Anybody have any ideas on how to keep this locked in? I am cranking on the nuts. This is on a 19 Sequel

Had a similar issue - this is our fix: I bought thicker, Grade 8 flat washers that have a little larger OD than std washers. The thicker (and larger OD) washers don't collapse in the slotted opening and will hold their shape better. We've never had a problem with losing adjustment since.

Try another camber gauge,see if they read the same,had one go bad once,would give me a different reading each time i checked camber
Had a similar issue - this is our fix: I bought thicker, Grade 8 flat washers that have a little larger OD than std washers. The thicker (and larger OD) washers don't collapse in the slotted opening and will hold their shape better. We've never had a problem with losing adjustment since.
I agree, I literally brought home washers for this reason. I am going to check everything to make sure is straight, the kart has less than ten races on it, so it’s odd that stuff would be bent, but we shall see. As far as the heim medium, it’s whatever Millenium puts on, they probably are aluminum, will check.

I agree, I literally brought home washers for this reason. I am going to check everything to make sure is straight, the kart has less than ten races on it, so it’s odd that stuff would be bent, but we shall see. As far as the heim medium, it’s whatever Millenium puts on, they probably are aluminum, will check.
As far as camber gauge, it’s the same gauge I used three days prior setting before race. So I think I could eliminate that variable

Back