Front left weight

fatfrog

How do you get weight on the left front, we have really no weight on the left front when on the scales but everything else comes out fine, and when running on the track left front is almost cold, we run a bullring ashaplt track

With how ever things are now, are you winning, running up front, mid pack or in the back?
Along with what you said do you have any on track major problems or maybe just some minor on track issues to fix?

If you have no weight on the left front on the scales, out on the track unless your braking or slowing down your left front isn't being used.
IMHO in general how much you need to use the left front and the left rear depends on how much grip is available for the right side tires per how much turning is needed.

what track?

To get more weight on the left front by mechanically doing something to the chassis without moving weight on and off the track in no specific order, reduce weight jacking, decrease right front preload, increase right front camber gain, decrease left front camber gain, move the right front in or the left front out.

The above is just off the top of my head without any thought about it as usual so each and every mechanical adjustment to help give you what I think you asked for is not necessary right or correct. ... :)

Last edited:
Its a bullring asphalt track or a 1/4 midget track, we run the yellow vegas, have got to get the numbers from the paper but we run a small left rear to free the kart up, and rolling rubber off of right side tires

Unless it's an older chassis that requires a balanced set up, it's not what you want to do, but it's easy enough to change, if you set cross same % age as the left side % age the LF and RF will weigh the same.

44.8% nose
63.3% cross
59.8% left
390 total weight
.75 left camber
2.5 right camber
1 1/2 stagger front
1 1/4 stagger rear
Kart is an 09 nemesis

44.8% nose
63.3% cross
59.8% left
390 total weight
.75 left camber
2.5 right camber
1 1/2 stagger front
1 1/4 stagger rear
Kart is an 09 nemesis
You don't wanta add weight to the LF, in fact you can take weight away because you can increase cross 2 and a half more % if indeed it's a nemesis.

Its a 1/9th banked asphalt track , the front left tire is not warm at all after 20 laps and it rolls the rubber on the inside of the right side tires. Air pressure is at 16 left side and 18 right side

44.8% nose
63.3% cross
59.8% left
390 total weight
.75 left camber
2.5 right camber
1 1/2 stagger front
1 1/4 stagger rear
Kart is an 09 nemesis
Get the nose up around 46.8, the cross down to 53.3 and you'll see heat in the left front. You can also drop the air down to around 8/10.
You didn't post caster I'd be 6 LF 8 RF.

Its going to roll the rubber to the inside of the right sides, that's why we heat gun and scrape the tires to get rid of that between pracitce, heats & feature.

Last edited:
Get the nose up around 46.8, the cross down to 53.3 and you'll see heat in the left front. You can also drop the air down to around 8/10.
You didn't post caster I'd be 6 LF 8 RF.
Here ya go do what kj26 suggest as it will help you, plus the changes will add weight to the LF.

Waiting on the caster gauge to arrive, and i take it i had to go thy high on air pressure to get rid of th hop cause of the cross being that high?

Waiting on the caster gauge to arrive, and i take it i had to go thy high on air pressure to get rid of th hop cause of the cross being that high?
You don't need a gauge, use the lines on the spindles.
LF closest to the seat is 0.
RF closest to the seat is 2.
Each line represents 2, So 0-2-4-6-8-10-12 & 2-4-6-8-10-12-14

With that setting which line are you supposed to start on the chassis, it has a line towards the front of the L block mount and one towards the rear of the mount as of right now its on the rear line towards the rear of that kart, should the be in the forward line

The line towards the rear of the kart. Only the right side should have 2 lines or indents in the caster plate.

You'll also want to make sure your caster block is in the rear hole on the right front.

Back