Front spindle question

Get it as close as you can . I still would not max the spindles out till you race and have some on track issue . Even then i would not be too concerned with the cross % as long as its 60 or so .
Once at the track someone should let you on their scales , there could be a big difference then . At the least you get a comparison .
As far as an app theres been some posted , al has the spreadsheet you need a computer for it .

The frame could be bent for all I know. If a frame was bent how would you know.
I moved my seat a little. I am going to try and resacale today. I am working with bathroom scales and a utility room floor. Far from perfect but it's the beat I can do.
Just for someone to figure. I will weigh 365lb. Laser said 58 1/2 left. 46 nose and 65 cross. How much weight should be on each wheel. I have heard there is a app for this but I can't find it. Thanks
You have an overly large (compared to others I've seen) amount of weight on the LR. I don't know if that's necessarily bad, but I think if your stagger is off, that LR may be slowing you down some. It probably depends a lot on how long the straights are. Be careful, a lot of people will disagree with me.

For the pencil and paper types
Example. Your kart weighs or you want it to weigh 350#.
Someone gives you a setup in front,left,and cross percentages.
Write them down and figure the weight of each.
46% Front: 350 x .46 = 161# front
57% Left: 350 x .57 = 199.5# left
59% Cross: 350 x .59 = 206.5# cross
Find the difference between cross and left.
206.5 - 199.5 = 7
Add this difference to the front and divide by 2.
161+7 =168. 168÷2 = 84(right front)
(Front)161-84(rf) = 77(left front)
(Cross)206.5-84(rf)= 122.5(left rear)
(Total)350-84(rf)-77(Lf)-122.5(Lr)= 66.5(right rear)

Note: In this example cross weight is higher than left weight.
If cross weight was lower than than left weight; you still find the
difference between them, add it to the front and divide by two but,
the wheel you would be finding is the LF instead of the RF.
Then carry on finding the other wheels with simple subtraction.
Final note: If cross and left are the same, just divide the front by 2
because both fronts weigh the same in this case.

I moved my seat a little. I am going to try and resacale today. I am working with bathroom scales and a utility room floor. Far from perfect but it's the beat I can do.
Just for someone to figure. I will weigh 365lb. Laser said 58 1/2 left. 46 nose and 65 cross. How much weight should be on each wheel. I have heard there is a app for this but I can't find it. Thanks
Have you checked your cambers and are they close ? Are the tires your scaling with staggered ?

You have an overly large (compared to others I've seen) amount of weight on the LR. I don't know if that's necessarily bad, but I think if your stagger is off, that LR may be slowing you down some. It probably depends a lot on how long the straights are. Be careful, a lot of people will disagree with me.
Al according to his last post on page 1 he hasn't raced it yet, he's not having an issue trying to re-scale, he's scaling out base line set up to race, you've been told hundreds of times the % ages are what they are, and the lower the nose % ages,with the higher cross % age the more the LR will weigh, If you wish to help him and save him time he's looking for weight's of each wheel total weight of 365 lb, with 58 % left, 46 % nose, and
65 % cross ( which is to high for that chassis but that's what he's asking for ) punch it into your chart and give him the weight's.

For these numbers 92 lb RF, 69 lb LF, 136 lb LR, 68 lb RR as Flattop points out real close to post # 24, use his example just with your numbers, I see J.P sent you a PM he's most likely given you these numbers, plus based on chassis being a 2006 I'd bet he's suggesting tweaking numbers some with less cross ending up closer to 60 than 65 I would agree, don't pay any attention to Al's post about LR weighing to much as your % ages are what the are which makes each wheel weight what it is, the only thing correct in that post is staggers have to be right. Respond to J.P PM he'll steer ya right and that's most likely less confusing than posting here.
Good Luck !!

don't pay any attention to Al's post about LR weighing to much as your % ages are what the are which makes each wheel weight what it is, the only thing correct in that post is staggers have to be right.
I have no problem with you criticizing me, not one little bit, if I say something wrong, but in this case, I think you misunderstood what I said. I said he has a lot of weight on the LR (I said nothing about whether that was too much, or good or bad) and that he should be sure that the stagger is right, for that track.
I would appreciate it, if, in the future, when you tell people what I said, that you get it correct.

I have no problem with you criticizing me, not one little bit, if I say something wrong, but in this case, I think you misunderstood what I said. I said he has a lot of weight on the LR (I said nothing about whether that was too much, or good or bad) and that he should be sure that the stagger is right, for that track.
I would appreciate it, if, in the future, when you tell people what I said, that you get it correct.
Back to same old Al just playing word games, If that was not your main point your post was totally pointless !! What I posted about your stagger quote was not word for word either, you had no trouble there.

Back