Fuel Filter

I read somewhere that it was hard on the fuel pump to place a fuel filter between the the tank and fuel pump it was best to place the filter after the fuel pump and before the carb. With AKRA's updated rule that's no longer an option.

Should I skip the filter or place one in-line between the tank and pump?

Never skip a filter completely... if you legally can’t put it after the pump, put it before. Never had an issue. If you’re worried, keep an extra pump on hand, they are cheap.

Place the filter before the pump. Also, its easier on the pump if the filter is near the tank and below the fuel level in the tank.

Absolutely no problem putting the filter before the pump. Open modified, stroker, Animals with big Tillotson carbs run them that way.

We just run a straight line from the tank to the pump .. not sure if we got a bad batch of filters or what but over and over we were having issues.. removed the filter and haven’t had that issue anymore I just clean my tank out each week .. and has been a lot better .. I also put a 6-8” piece of hose on the cap vent ..

Bc of that very same issue i now have a spare carb and pump.. which neither was the problem.. it was the filter the whole time .. smh .. just our experience

I’d really hate to miss out on a purse because of a 5 dollar filter. We run it between the pump and tank. Never had a problem. It doesn’t take but a tiny spec of dirt to clog a jet.

I’d really hate to miss out on a purse because of a 5 dollar filter. We run it between the pump and tank. Never had a problem. It doesn’t take but a tiny spec of dirt to clog a jet.
Ya, learned that lesson this past weekend. Would have finished in the money but a fuel filter cost me

Back