Fuel for clone

dl4jesus

Really It's really beginner question here.. we have raced some predator stuff but we'll be switching to clone. Can anyone tell me what kind of fuel they run and the best places to purchase it? ( I live near cincy)

Really It's really beginner question here.. we have raced some predator stuff but we'll be switching to clone. Can anyone tell me what kind of fuel they run and the best places to purchase it? ( I live near cincy)
Every track we’re raced at in the Carolinas has a designated fuel stop that requires 87 Oct. Makes it easy.

I have been getting mine at the same place the night before for years, regardless of where we race 3 and 4 hours away for a race. It always passes. Just buy the right octane have tec guy check it in case you win prior to the race. People on these forums will have you doing so much that is unnecessary.

Last edited:
for a regular Sat night race (not checking fuel although think it would pass without issue) I get my fuel at Costco. 1 its a premium fuel 2. it is so popular that the fuel truck is always there, i think we are just sucking it strait from the truck and the fuel is never old. 3 its cheaper because of the membership discount LOL

They took fuel samples at the track the other night before the races and I think 20 tanks had to be dumped. One guy mentioned using gas in a can from rural king. Not trying to take over your post just curious if somebody had an explanation for this.

They took fuel samples at the track the other night before the races and I think 20 tanks had to be dumped. One guy mentioned using gas in a can from rural king. Not trying to take over your post just curious if somebody had an explanation for this.
Alchy testing is even worse but any additive, tire prep, wd40, filter oil, ect can mess with results. Actually failed a fuel test one time because I thought I would super clean everything including inside the tank. Used solvent then rinsed out with hot water and dawn dish soap. Set it out open in the sun for a day. That Saturday failed using track authorized gas station. I know we were not cheating but something fouled the gas test

I failed a test at King of Kings last year after filling up at the required gas pump on the way to the track. Tech man suggested it actually came from the gas can even though it was 100% dry when I filled it. Mystified.

I failed a test at King of Kings last year after filling up at the required gas pump on the way to the track. Tech man suggested it actually came from the gas can even though it was 100% dry when I filled it. Mystified.
Had it happen last year. Went to authorized fuel stop and all. It would fail in the gas tank but took my jug up there and it passed.

I've had fuel fail in the can but the same fuel poured in to a dry kart tank pass. Also had the exact opposite happen.

What is the best way to clean out a plastic tank, so the fuel will pass if tested ?
Probably with several rinses of legal fuel... Fill it full, dump it in your mower, fill it full, dump it in your four-wheeler, fill it full dump it in your car... I would think after 3 cycles everything should be out of it... I am not a plastics engineer, but I would have to assume that whatever plastic it is that has cans are made out of would be impervious to gas.

Edit: I guess I mis read the question... Tank vs. can... But still I think the same method would apply

Back