Fuel line question

Power

Hello karter,
Listen what difference it makes on my performance if I use 5mm vs 6mm fuel line I.D? I would think it won’t makes a difference because it would provide the same amount of fuel through the jet

No preformance difference .
Long high speed runs there could be a starvation issue .
Thanks for your reply Flattop1, my thoughts is even if we hit high speed at certain portion of the track, the engine should not suffer much of starvation issue because the engine still have room to supply demand assuming that we try to keep the engine in ramping up of the curve to keep max HP and not pulling the max RPM of the engine to start loosing HP.
I guess as I run a 2 stroke engine which could be more sensitive to the issue you described, I should mess around and put the 1/4 » ID hose to avoid potential issues.

Honestly I would .
If its got 1/4 " fittings someone figured thats what was needed .
What benifit do you feel the 5 mm has ?

To be quite frank I’m not to sure the benefit 5mm tubing would do however the reason I’m asking is my engine was freshly refurb and the tubing they installed was a 5mm, the rebuilder told me the engine would run better with some kind of small restrictions and eliminate any sip of potential air however I’m not convinced and that is the reason I’m asking if any experienced any differences

Isnt the carburetor fuel inlet on Predator carbs 5mm anyhow? I make a bushing of sorts out of 3/16 hose so my 1/4 fuel line from the fuel pump fits better.

To be quite frank I’m not to sure the benefit 5mm tubing would do however the reason I’m asking is my engine was freshly refurb and the tubing they installed was a 5mm, the rebuilder told me the engine would run better with some kind of small restrictions and eliminate any sip of potential air however I’m not convinced and that is the reason I’m asking if any experienced any differences
Well its all conjecture .
No one could say for sure without knowing which engine .
A 2 stroke should use more fuel then a 4 stroke .

You're running a Rotax, so listen to your builder. When we ran shifters with Keihn cards, there was always restrictors in the inlet of the carb or in the line.

Back