Fuel pressure

I have a clone on a chopper and I put a torque converter setup on. I had to raise the engine and lost my sifin feed gas setup. I put a pulse fuel pump setup and I'm getting my pulse from the crank case where the governor came through the top. Ive got plenty of fuel pressure to much really way to much. I have got regulated with a shut off for now but is there anybody that has used a regulator or and certain fuel pump that anybody recommends? I know these things don't take much pressure at all. I'm running a mikuni carb. Any suggestions?

How do you know you have to much pressure? Just wondering? Haven’t ever heard of the fuel pumps generating to much pressure but I have never vented from govener hole.

Well gas pours from buttom of carb and side port of carb. Floods unless I have shut off about only 1/3 open. Floats not stuck. I've tried 2 different carbs. Are mikuni carbs any good?

Assuming you're happy the inlet needle is otherwise sealing.. You can try a float adjustment, or add a T to the line going to the carb, returning the excess to the tank. You can also try running two tees where the second one is before the pump.

Mikuni are generally regarded as being a good carb, if it's a genuine Mikuni. Briggs 808656 pump is a popular one.
It's unusual for the pump to cause it to come out the overflow though. Sometimes they might run a little rich, but I've never heard of one actually pushing the needle hard enough that the flat chamber overflows.

Thats a common prob we run into with our mikunis .. we run the line from the overflo back to the gas tank on karts .

Back