Fuel tank

I have done it a few times. I emptied the tank. Left the cap off of it for 24 hours, then rinsed it with the gasoline I plan to use. Emptied the rinse gas and filled it with fresh gas. Never had a problem with digitron testing afterward. I'm sure a few more will chime in.

Drain meth, add gas, no issues. We used to drain and add between heats when running meth animal and lo206

To add to his question, are there different tanks for alcohol and gas?
I ordered a new tank from one of the kart suppliers. 2 nights running and the rubber vent diaphragm and seal in the cap fell apart. It looked like it melted, it was soft and mushy. Chunks clogged the filter and it started leaking.

No.
Not that i have ever encountered.
The tanks i sell will work for either.
I have never had an issue like you are describing.
DID YOU BUY IT BECAUSE IT WAS CHEAP?
Did you buy it from one of the companies that advertise on this forum?
Call the people you bought the tank from.

It was average price for a tank, and from a very reputable company. I’m not sure if they advertise on here.
It’s bit a big deal, the tank holds fuel it’s just the inner rubber part of the cap. I just wasn’t sure if there was a difference between gas and alky tanks. Didn’t think there was but I admit I don’t know much!

It would be nice if we knew what tank it was so we could watch out for that in the future.
If you don't know the brand posting a picture would be a big help to everyone.

I don’t want to run down any distributors or their products. I got the tank from Turk Brothers Racing. This is where we get most of our parts from, they are good to deal with and always ship fast. Usually submit orders on Saturday or Sunday night after the races and have always got the stuff by Wednesday. Good quality stuff so I’m not trying to call them out on anything, I am guessing this is just one of those odd things that happen.

I don’t want to run down any distributors or their products. I got the tank from Turk Brothers Racing. This is where we get most of our parts from, they are good to deal with and always ship fast. Usually submit orders on Saturday or Sunday night after the races and have always got the stuff by Wednesday. Good quality stuff so I’m not trying to call them out on anything, I am guessing this is just one of those odd things that happen.

Back