Fuel tank

Trying to put one in a junior sprint. After looking at the one you have probably not ideal. Need something more rectangle or square floor space
Like road sprint? If so these tanks are made specifically for sprint chassis. They leave a very large cutout so it doesn’t hit the Pittman. The deal breaker for for the LTO chassis (post 2015 mostly) is the center bar being too far forward and the steering upright spud being too angled forward to let the tank properly stand up. When properly mounted (completely standing up) the footprint of the tank is 9.5 wide, 11 tall at the cap and only 4.5 deep where the tank is actually touching the floor. It’s a weird one for sure.

Mini sprint / cage/ outlaw type .
They need a roll over valv e of some type . Anti siphon valve should work .
You need it for the vent line or fuel cap ?

Mini sprint / cage/ outlaw type .
They need a roll over valv e of some type . Anti siphon valve should work .
You need it for the vent line or fuel cap ?
i thought the vent was usually on the cap in most of these. here is the quote from the rules "All fuel tanks must be equipped with a one-way check valve designed to prevent the spillage of fuel from the fuel tank vent in the event of a rollover"

This might do it , depending on the cap instal a barb fitting or metal tire valve stem .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201121-145347_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20201121-145347_Google.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 15
The big one is 1.75 gallons. $200. Handmade and welded by a guy who used to work for me when I made tanks. Known welds Them better. I'm pretty sure we could make it a little Wider to match the 2 gallon Specification.

Attachments

• three tanks.jpg
    three tanks.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 11
I’m yet to run into a tank that has a roll safe valve. All of the plastic tanks and common aluminum ones on the market for us speedway guys have a vented cap or a 1/4 nipple for hose. That may be a QRC made deal, they make their own tanks for their karts.

I like to run my vent line back down to the bottom of the tank, so if it's upside down, no fuel leaks out.

Not as good if on its side.
Course, if the ball in the valve doesn't close off line because it is on the side, same result.
IMCA (full size) racecars are required to have a rubber flap valve under the fill cap, and a rollover valve in the vent line.

Back