Fuel tank

CMR4749

i just bought a new 3.5 quart pyrmaid fuel tank from ec carburetors and it has a threaded hole on the bottom to make it gravity feed. I want to pick up a brass fitting for it but I was wondering if anyone has ran the same tank and know what size the hole threads it has? Any help be much appreciated thanks

I don't have that tank . most use 1/8" pipe thread.
should be bout the size of a lead pencil .
Edit: most home stores don't carry them . Auto parts store . Unless you want a shut off . Then lawn mower/ Amazon.

Last edited:
i just bought a new 3.5 quart pyrmaid fuel tank from ec carburetors and it has a threaded hole on the bottom to make it gravity feed. I want to pick up a brass fitting for it but I was wondering if anyone has ran the same tank and know what size the hole threads it has? Any help be much appreciated thanks
I have the same one, just verified it's 1/8" NPT

I have the same one, just verified it's 1/8" NPT
I have one more question about the tank. Do you run the tank with fuel line on the bottom gravity feed or from the top? I ask because I picked up a brass fuel line fitting with the 1/8 npt that goes to 1/4 barb and when I went to put it in the tank it fits and goes about a thread in then gets real tight and doesn't want to thread in anymore by hand. Is that normal? I didn't try putting a Wrench of it because I was afraid of cranking it down and Messing the threads up

I have one more question about the tank. Do you run the tank with fuel line on the bottom gravity feed or from the top? I ask because I picked up a brass fuel line fitting with the 1/8 npt that goes to 1/4 barb and when I went to put it in the tank it fits and goes about a thread in then gets real tight and doesn't want to thread in anymore by hand. Is that normal? I didn't try putting a Wrench of it because I was afraid of cranking it down and Messing the threads up
I personally run mine from the top as all my engines have fuel pumps. The lower hole on my tank has the threaded insert but I would need to drill through the tank to use a fitting.

Back