Fuel Vent Tube overflow Can

jasonmorris1809

Can someone point me towards an overflow can for the carb? Do people run two cans? One for the oil breather and one for the carb? or can you put a T in the oil breather and vent the gas in it too?

Vent them separately. There have been cases where the carb has been pressurized by the crankcase. Any small bottle will do for the carb overflow. We use a pill bottle with a hole drilled in the top. Paint it and looks fine.

First it required for al 206 classes you can use two if you like personaly i use one i use the fuel over flow that you typicly find on a euro rotax kart but almost anything will do but a word of caution keep the over flow container well vented the pressure build up from the vlve cover vent will give you issues with the carb . good luck

I don't think either of mine are vented. I believe we just cut hoses short enough to clear tire and left them hanging.

The two tracks my son runs LO206 JR we have to run catch cans. I found some tupper ware type plastic containers at a grocery store that were for holding the juice boxes kids use. Gutted the cap and popped many vent holes to allow for proper breathing. On a side note, we were testing the other day at Gopro Motorplex & got to see first hand a catch can that did not have enough holes punched in it. The engine would idle some what, but soon as any kind of increase in throttle it would stumble and run REAL flat. Solution was simple, the owner increased the size of the vent holes & all was right with the world! Pretty interesting to see it up close and personal.... :)

Pat Collins

Back