Fun Friday @ Hanging Rock USA <> $500 Guaranteed <> Fast ~ Fun ~ Affordable !

$$$ 500 $$$ Friday, May 22nd @ Hanging Rock USA !! $$$ 500 $$$

**** Friday, May 22nd / Gates open @ 5 pm Practice @ 7pm ****

Hanging Rock Kartway returns to action Friday May 22nd for another exciting edition of "Fun Day At The Rock"

Friday is fun day at HRK and could be an extra payday for a successful team on Friday nights. Our last three races we have managed to pay the winners of our pro clone classes the advertised $500 winners share. Even though the minimums ere not met in one class each race , we give the competitors a chance to meet us half way and chip in to meet the KM . They have done so and we are glad to have paid the purse.!!
The first race we went over our minimums and raised the purse!! Folks HRK is quickly becoming a great track to race on Fridays and a track that pays great purses!! That's not all we offer , we have a couple of clone classes that pay $200 to win with a $20 entry fee.

Not affordable enough ? Try our predator classes at $10 entry fees and a $200 to win class also!! The predator classes are really growing and this past week we had classes of 16 and 13 and 11 entries!! Not bad for a Friday show.

Friday is fun day at The Rock and we also let the ladies have a little track time as well. This is becoming a popular class for the ladies and always a thrilling show.

Three lady races and three winners. Jamee Blackmon , Leah Sweat and Brittany McAteer have all took turns at the top spot and I am sure we will add more names to that list as we progress this season !!

Speaking of the predator folks. I have witnessed it myself and as an old racer I am amazed at the fact older karts and equipment are running up front each week. Some of these guys are winning with early 2000 karts. I kid you not , this makes this package a truly budget format with those results.

Time and time again , I hear the racers who have raced for years say they have never had so much fun as they do racing the predator. Our new rpm /governor rule has quieted the talk of cheating and now the classes are starting to grow again.

This brings up a not so bright spot in our program which is our JR racing. We hit an all time low this week when I had to watch a racer load up and go home because of no JR racers. The decision I am making here may not be a popular decision at first , but a must if we are to be a track with jr racing in our program.

Effective this week ALL jr racing will utilize the predator engine. We will no longer offer any clone engine classes in jr racing. Including pee wee.

Under our new jr program it will only have two divisions. JR 1 which will be 5 to 8 and JR 2 which will be 9 to 13.

There are several reasons for this change , but two primary goals we hope to accomplish moving to this format.

The first important thing is without a restrictor plate these engines can be ran in different classes. A mom and a son or daughter could ride the same kart since the seat would work in most cases. Only a change on the back gear and clutch will be needed.

The speed of the predator engine unrestricted is not faster than a restricted clone and in some cases , may be slower.

The second is to make sure a racer knows what is running. Instead of four divisions , we only have two. Instead of four restrictor plates , we have none. We will also allow our 13 year old and up drivers to choose an adult light class if they choose.

So far I have seen 4 drivers fit this category and three of them have won the light class against adult competition. The jr racers are so much better that a step up early is necessary if you have aspirations of furthering your child's racing career.

Some thirteen year old drivers are wheeling late models and if your driver is still driving a restricted go kart , that is the equivalent of being in sixth grade versus a twelfth grader. The experience young Tyler Sheets got this week was invaluable to his future development.

His winning clone light gives him confidence knowing that moving to an unrestricted adult class will not be a concern in his thought process going forward and he will be ready when that time comes..

Suppose your 13 or 14 year old needs more time to develop. No problem , a 13 year old can compete in JR 2 and the 14 year old can develop his or her skills in the predator 325 class.

This change will help us to grow jr racing to a new level we believe. Now a newbie can come to the track with an old kart and enter his kid in a class and rent the engine or buy it at the track this will simplify the jr racing in a big way going forward.

The predator engine is more competitive over all and will really be a great learning tool for the young racers to learn how to race close.

The three pee wee drivers that ran this past week will receive a free engine rental until July if they choose to attend.

I know some of you will not like this decision and I understand. There are several close by tracks to continue to race the clone engine. For HRK it is our only option going forward.

I know it will not be popular , but facts are facts. Truthfully if I had a jr racer I would not risk the chance of coming to our track , knowing under the current format , you may have to load up and head home. Facts are facts and we simply no longer have a jr racing program at HRK.

No jr teams are willing to race here anymore , but with your patience we will rebuild our jr racing program for the future. Remember , if we get five karts in each class or either class , the winner of the dash for cash / free entry fee will win $100 !!

Please let us know if you would like to rent an engine for this week and we will reserve the engine for you. After racing that engine , you can purchase it for $130 if you like.

In closing , Friday nights have been a success at HRK. We have picked up our driver count by an average of ten karts since going to Friday's. There is much work left to do , to make the track profitable. We will began to roll out flyers and other means to grow our crowd of spectators.

In recognizing the need to increase spectator's , we are reducing the number of adult classes to 8 total plus ladies. As I mentioned above we have not had any jr racing. This reduction in classes is necessary if kart racing is to be spectator friendly.

Over the last few weeks I have studied what racers are willing to race with us on a Friday. Although our program covers most racers , some may not find a class to compete in at HRK. We understand that , but we also understand that Friday racing can not accommodate all the different class of racers in a timely manner

Instead going forward we will focus on the posted classes below and grow a strong following of racers in the classes we offer. We are still very interested in getting our Predator Modified package going.

If enough racers of a certain class not on the list get together and post here that they will attend, we will try and work that class into the schedule. Our plans are to race during the summer on a two on and one off schedule for Friday nights.

We have been finishing around 1 am so far , but our goal is to cut the time to around 11:30 as we sharpen the program and our execution of the process.

We hope you will join us Friday , May 22nd , gates open at 5pm and practice at 7pm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

$$ Special Fast Time Challenge at Intermission $$

Free Entry / $100 if you can set fast time / any engine that meets gasoline fuel requirements of clone classes. Must have billet flywheel.

***** You must enter at signups and you must set fast time after qualifying and before mains *****

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Featured Classes -- Open Maxxis Tires
.......................................................................................................

Pro Clone 375 #1- 1st - $500 2nd - $100 3rd - $50 / $40 entry / Guaranteed

Pro Clone 375 #2- 1st - $500 2nd - $100 3rd - $50 / $40 entry / 15 Km

Clone 400lb - 185lb - 1st - $200 2nd - $50 3rd - $25 / $20 entry / 12 Km

~~~~~ 13 years and up for the light classes ~~~~~

Clone Light - 1st - $200 2nd - $50 3rd - $25 / $20 entry / 12 Km

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JR Racing Class Rules And Classes - * Open Tires Any Brand *

***** We will have 10 predator engines available for rental starting this week for a cost of $30 or you can purchase an engine from us with throttle setup for $130 / You may also bring your predator engine and race with us in the jr classes *****

JR 1 : 5 to 8 year old / Predator Engine / Gear To Be Determined

JR 2 : 9 to 13 year old / Predator Engine / Gear To Be Determined
....................................................................................................................................

JR 1 - Dash for cash $20 to win or $100 to win with five karts / $0

JR 1 - $10 entry fee - 100 % payback

JR 2 - Dash for cash $20 to win or $100 to win with five karts / $0

JR 2 - $10 entry fee - 100 % payback

Predator Classes ~~ 13 and up Maxxis el tires
..........................................................................................................

Women's Predator - Free Entry $20 to win + 1/2 of 50 / 50 tickets

Predator 325 - $10 entry / 100% payback * can not run pro *

Predator 375 - 1st - $200 2nd - $50 3rd - $25 / $20 entry / 12 Km

Predator 350 - $10 entry / 100% payback

Predator 400 / 185 driver - $10 entry / 100%payback

***** $10 ins and scoring fee all drivers ***** We will race any class with two or more entries

Adults $10
Under 10 free

1082 Horton Rollins Rd
Kershaw SC
Gates open at 5 pm Practice at 7 pm

Back