Gas prices causing schedule changes

^^^^^^^^ agreed 100%. X Power linemen here 35 years from nuclear, fossil,hydro solar and wind it will happen but will take probably 20yrs. Just think about it all you tree huggers our system has rolling blackouts now . Don't get me started all you bean counters and desk huggers . I loved my job but you people that don't have a clue need not apply. I love my racing more than work and made mine please don't forget where the power comes from on that cold winter night . I'm done headed to Carnsville UAS race I got plenty of Alki but maybe not enough gas to make it later Chuck.

Another thing to consider is that several of the largest power product plants in the country have been moth balled over the past 5 years or so taking that production off the grid.

Bruce Mansfield power station alone (outside of Pittsburgh Pa) produced 2.49 gigawatt with only 3 units.

This country runs on the NIMBY principle. Everyone wants the end product but very few understand the process to make that end product. We have spent 30 plus years putting band aids on our power infrastructure rather than properly fixing it and now we are reducing the number of plants so that those still running have to work even harder to make up for those taken off land.

Yup you got it bud^^^^^^ made plenty of money over the last 35 years trying to keep power going on a broken old tired system. The only time most companies upgrade is when they can charge the expense to a storm or natural disaster account or get federal aid. later Chuck.

Yeah but, if the majority of the vehicles were electric, the power companies would recognize the dramatic increase in demand and they would upgrade and reduce the cost of electricity. Ahhhh, Let me think that over. Doesn't seem like they done that with anything in the past. Hmmm, I may have that backwards.....................

Another thing to consider is that several of the largest power product plants in the country have been moth balled over the past 5 years or so taking that production off the grid.

Bruce Mansfield power station alone (outside of Pittsburgh Pa) produced 2.49 gigawatt with only 3 units.

This country runs on the NIMBY principle. Everyone wants the end product but very few understand the process to make that end product. We have spent 30 plus years putting band aids on our power infrastructure rather than properly fixing it and now we are reducing the number of plants so that those still running have to work even harder to make up for those taken off land.
IE shutting down most of put coal fired plants.

Yeah but, if the majority of the vehicles were electric, the power companies would recognize the dramatic increase in demand and they would upgrade and reduce the cost of electricity. Ahhhh, Let me think that over. Doesn't seem like they done that with anything in the past. Hmmm, I may have that backwards.....................
Lol of course! Just like the oil companies are seeing the demand and working to reduce prices now..........ouch

What's wrong with this picture, back in the early 70tys during the gas wars there was a gas shortage ( sure) today I have not seen any service stations without gas. later Chuck.

Did someone say “electric”. :). We don’t care about the environment… we just like the technology …

Last edited by a moderator:
Well last year I raced I 6 states. This year I had raced in 4 but I just don't know how much more I want to do. I run a uas kart and like to travel. I have been blessed
I have a success business, but the cost is starting to make me mad
I can pay it just don't know if I want to. I know I can't be the only one that feels that way
I might go to Carnsville Saturday but just don't know if I want to spend the money
. 1 race Saturday cost 50 to park. I don't mind to pay to park but 50 to park 5 rows back. Well I know it' cost a lot to run money races. And I am ok with that. But I don't know maybe I am just mad at all the high costs.
I decided against going to a race this weekend in Texas because of fuel cost. 450.00+ at 4.00gal...I've got the money to do it but like you I just got *issed thinking about it. 2.50gal is a healthy price for everyone, still a little high for working folks, but healthy overall.

I decided against going to a race this weekend in Texas because of fuel cost. 450.00+ at 4.00gal...I've got the money to do it but like you I just got *issed thinking about it. 2.50gal is a healthy price for everyone, still a little high for working folks, but healthy overall.
My racing schedule this year most likely will be the smallest it's been...maybe ever...thanks to the price of gas courtesy of Sleepy Joe and Cameltoe...

50 to park!!!!! I sure hope not that's what it cost to enter lol.If it turns out to be 50 to park and 20 to walk in the door and another 50 or more to race I'll turn my stuff around and head home to Nc. later Chuck.
Hey Nobozos, there is a track in Indy racing this weekend and the "Gold" package is $100 to Park. Crazy knowing some of the entry fees are like $75, thats to win a $750 race but still. Seems kinda steep to me. I love my racing Hobby, but Im just Local racing this year.

^^^^^^^ Ya the racing here in the southeast is some of the best in the country unfortunately 25 to 30 classes makes for a long day. It's to the point that the UAS guys are treated like redheaded stepchildren. I'm not complaining this weekend at Carnsville was 20 to get in the door, 55+10+5 to race for 500. I figure it cost me 50 cents a mile in gas to get there lol. I'm waiting for some of the tracks to give us old timers a over 65 discount( don't hold your breath). It's getting to the point that I don't know weather to put the Alky in the kart tank or in my tank lol laterChuck

Back