Gas Prices *NOT POLITICAL*

The price range for 87 octane in my town is about $4.70 to $5.00

Costco might be a dime cheaper, but the lines are so long I have never gone there.

PM

1.5 Euro a liter in Spain todsy which means $1.7 so around $7 a gallon and they expect a huge increase in the next few days. My Turbo Diesel small car I have here saves me since I can easily go way over 50 mpg. Not driving much though. Flying back on Jan 5.

Triad NC area (Winston-Salem) -- $3.2x for 87. Dropped to around $3 a month ago from $3.40, climbing back up.

$4.70 for 89, and I pay 4.80$ for diesel Sonoma Comifornia

California adds $1.00 per gallon just in state tax, so you guys always pay more . . . (California is a great place to be FROM!) Not being political, just for tax purposes. :sneaky:

-------------------------------

Florida

2020: $1.69
2021: $2.99

Costco Prices.

Last edited:
The state sales tax on gasoline (ie road tax) can be somewhat misleading. Indiana, for example, is a LOT of agriculturally zoned land. Our property taxes are considerably lower than some other states (Pennsylvania for example.) They do this to help property owners (and more specifically farmers) to keep property tax lower and make up the difference on gasoline tax. We used to have some of the cheapest prices on fuel in the country until probably 15-20 years ago when the trend was to lower property taxes. Our IFTA over the road fuel tax changed as well - with fuel prices (with tax) being charged to everyone up front. This increased the price of diesel to truckers by $.17/gal. The difference had to be made up somewhere. Our plates and registration are also costly compared to some other states. Then we also have what's called "wheel tax" which is a tax on the number of axles on your vehicle. Own a lot of cars, pay a lot in wheel taxes. One thing for certain, the government is going to get the money they need to run things the way they want, one way or another.
Indiana is also one of the few states with a budget surplus -- we're actually expected to get $125 refund checks this year from extra taxes paid in 2020.

Back