Gate fee's

nobozos

What is up with the admission fees. I can pretty much go watch a Sprint Car or Dirt Modified race for what it costs to get into a kart track.

$20 admission. Race our karts and then watch the micros the rest of the night. One advantage to only 5 classes. Karts get done quick. 15-30 minutes between heat race and feature.

What is up with the admission fees. I can pretty much go watch a Sprint Car or Dirt Modified race for what it costs to get into a kart track.
And admission (pit pass) fees are only part of the equation. Entry fees keep going up, pay extra for parking, pay extra for transponder rental, pay extra for certain classes....With zero spectators at most kart tracks, promoters gotta make money at the back gate I guess.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

While we're on the subject if your racing you pay separate for insurance right. Now what about the fan that slips and falls or gets hurt his insurance his covered by his track entry fee . That entry admission fee should cover all that enter the facility , I may be wrong but it sounds like double dipping the driver. Not trying to be a hard &%$$#& but maybe someone can explain the process to me a little better. I know for a fact that if I go to the 103 street complex in Jacksonville Fl. to practice ( which is owned by the town) it doesn't cost a dime to practice all day. Just my 2cents someone please explain later Chuck.

We hit the track at 4:00 and are done by six. I can be sitting in my garage havin a beer by 6:15. (You can't buy a house based on its proximity to a race track my friends told me):giggle:
The downside is that it is a micro sprint track. Never know what you are going to get as far as race conditions. One week it may be heavy and smooth and we can go three wide. The next week it may be dry and dusty and you NEED to be on the bottom looking for moisture. Rocks can be a problem also.

Chuck, just talking about gate fees? How about crazy entry race fees, transponder fees, reserved parking that at some tracks is even mandatory fee and at many they just provide a spot as far as non reserved spots, even some tracks making mandatory the useless RACEceiver, and so on. If you kill local affordable racing you kill the sport, that's what happens in Europe, a sport for a few rich guys where some business make tons of money and others after more than 40 years working can't make a dime to feed their families.

I talked to a local promoter, who has been in the game a long while, hasnt been running at all this year, about him re-opening his track with a 10 dollar entrance fee, no parking fees, low entry fee and running just for trophies. The man has a nice little track and wants to also trim back the number of classes (about 20 now in our area) and pretty much just race for fun. Somehow this is very appealing to me, especially with fuel prices and chasing money races as the alternative.

I talked to a local promoter, who has been in the game a long while, hasnt been running at all this year, about him re-opening his track with a 10 dollar entrance fee, no parking fees, low entry fee and running just for trophies. The man has a nice little track and wants to also trim back the number of classes (about 20 now in our area) and pretty much just race for fun. Somehow this is very appealing to me, especially with fuel prices and chasing money races as the alternative.
Saturday nite racing is no way to make a living and thats how they treat it.whether you put the races on or are a builder they are trying to make big profits and its hurting the hobby not helping it.theyve screwed up the classes.super stock,small block open,big block and rwyb hmm lets think about this for a minute.🤷🏻‍♂️So they want ya to sell your two stroke to buy a small block then create superstock so ya can spend another 1800 to run a class where ya have to pay a guy to grind a hole in the top of a stock carb and put jb weld on it.good for the engine builder straight crap for the sport

Saturday nite racing is no way to make a living and thats how they treat it.whether you put the races on or are a builder they are trying to make big profits and its hurting the hobby not helping it.theyve screwed up the classes.super stock,small block open,big block and rwyb hmm lets think about this for a minute.🤷🏻‍♂️So they want ya to sell your two stroke to buy a small block then create superstock so ya can spend another 1800 to run a class where ya have to pay a guy to grind a hole in the top of a stock carb and put jb weld on it.good for the engine builder straight crap for the sport
I understand what you're complaint, but when do engine builders create classes? Typically in karting, the racers want a particular product, then go to their builder and ask them to build it. Small block opens and stock appearings have gotten somewhat popular in the midwest over the last couple of years, but it's certainly not a nation-wide class. I see more and more the opposite across the country - a move toward slower, sealed, spec, out of the box engines (Predator, 206, etc.) that (with good rules) limit the amount of influence (and money) an engine builder can make on these engines.

Personally, I don't work on many clones or clones of clones, but if all they are doing is grinding a hole in the top of a stock carb and putting jb weld on it, couldn't you just do that yourself? Sounds pretty cheap and easy.
As for the 2 strokes, they haven't been prevalent for more than 20 years in anything other than UAS. I haven't even considered pricing up a new 2 stroke open, but I have a good idea what a stock KT100 goes for and what the rebuilds cost. Not real appealing to most racers.

I suspect that over the course of this summer, MANY racers are going to be forced to limit their racing schedules and cut back to running fewer traveling events and focus more on local Saturday night "hobby" racing. Backyard tracks are growing like wildfires popping up all over and guys are coming out to run them for little to next to nothing, with no promise of $500 or $1000 to win. They're running for NOTHING to win and having a blast doing it.
The "professional" karter has lost sight of the "fun" that karting can still be.

I understand what you're complaint, but when do engine builders create classes? Typically in karting, the racers want a particular product, then go to their builder and ask them to build it. Small block opens and stock appearings have gotten somewhat popular in the midwest over the last couple of years, but it's certainly not a nation-wide class. I see more and more the opposite across the country - a move toward slower, sealed, spec, out of the box engines (Predator, 206, etc.) that (with good rules) limit the amount of influence (and money) an engine builder can make on these engines.

Personally, I don't work on many clones or clones of clones, but if all they are doing is grinding a hole in the top of a stock carb and putting jb weld on it, couldn't you just do that yourself? Sounds pretty cheap and easy.
As for the 2 strokes, they haven't been prevalent for more than 20 years in anything other than UAS. I haven't even considered pricing up a new 2 stroke open, but I have a good idea what a stock KT100 goes for and what the rebuilds cost. Not real appealing to most racers.

I suspect that over the course of this summer, MANY racers are going to be forced to limit their racing schedules and cut back to running fewer traveling events and focus more on local Saturday night "hobby" racing. Backyard tracks are growing like wildfires popping up all over and guys are coming out to run them for little to next to nothing, with no promise of $500 or $1000 to win. They're running for NOTHING to win and having a blast doing it.
The "professional" karter has lost sight of the "fun" that karting can still be.
They're running for NOTHING to win and having a blast doing it. The "professional" karter has lost sight of the "fun" that karting can still be.

Stickers! We run for win stickers!

"Gate Fees" pay um or don't race.

We have 6 local tracks to choose from and don't race 2 of them because of high registration fee and you have to join the club or pay extra to race there.

Kartings a bit different because they don't get much spectator gate.

Interesting thing is the high back gate tracks never give you a thanks for coming or glad you were here either.

Honestly...The ball is in our hands. Stop going to these places and paying the fees.

I won't go if the gate is over $20 and the entry fee to race is over $50. I really could care less what the payout it is.

paid 75 to race in big money show, raced against 20 clones 6-8 pro drivers. paid 15 to race a local sat night they put me (375) 2x350s and one 410 all together in one class. what to do what to do... a lot of people say they cant afford to travel due to fuel prices

paid 75 to race in big money show, raced against 20 clones 6-8 pro drivers. paid 15 to race a local sat night they put me (375) 2x350s and one 410 all together in one class. what to do what to do... a lot of people say they cant afford to travel due to fuel prices

I get it. But you can get outran just as easy for $100 as you can for a $1000 to win.

Start tracking your race day expenses from the time you hook to the trailer until you get home. Local racing should be booming right now.

The local show built this hobby and will sustain it.

I get it. But you can get outran just as easy for $100 as you can for a $1000 to win.

Start tracking your race day expenses from the time you hook to the trailer until you get home. Local racing should be booming right now.

The local show built this hobby and will sustain it.
no locals to race, was the only 375 driver period on a sat night. thought I was done with predator

I assume you mean $10 pit pass, at what your proposed the concession stand will have to bring In $1000 + and he'll need 56 different entries not total entries just to break even.

Ken, down here in the southeast they really don't do pit passes ( the pits take up everything inside the gate) So everyone that enters pays. So why do the racers pay for insurance when anyone that enters should be covered. Not to shabby considering most tracks around here average 250- 400 on a Saturday night. later Chuck.

Back