Gator speedway gear

Not sure about Jr 1, but if it helps you out I usually run a 15-58 or 16-62 on a stock predator there. The banking makes that track a lot faster than you would think with it being that size.

What are kart counts like?
They've been up and down in the past year, it was higher when it had an open tire rule. Running the Burris tire rule makes it where very little prep is required though. The track has a decent amount of clay in it and the surface is almost always in good shape.

I don't know how many Jr entries they have honestly, sorry I'm not more help on that.

Racing Promotor, the track is in Henderson, TN. It's probably just under 1/8 of a mile, not sure what the banking is, maybe 18 to 20 degrees or so?

They've been up and down in the past year, it was higher when it had an open tire rule. Running the Burris tire rule makes it where very little prep is required though. The track has a decent amount of clay in it and the surface is almost always in good shape.

I don't know how many Jr entries they have honestly, sorry I'm not more help on that.

Racing Promotor, the track is in Henderson, TN. It's probably just under 1/8 of a mile, not sure what the banking is, maybe 18 to 20 degrees or so?
It's one of the closest tracks to me. It's either gator speedway or Talladega. Both about 2.5hrs away. Sons first year so we will see what happens. Thanks for the info.

It's one of the closest tracks to me. It's either gator speedway or Talladega. Both about 2.5hrs away. Sons first year so we will see what happens. Thanks for the info.
No problem. There is also 22a speedway which is only about 15 minutes east of Gator, and Beaver Creek in Alabama. If you ever want to go a bit farther there is Hartsmill Highbanks at Trezevant, TN. That is my favorite track even though I don't run well there.

Where are you located?

Whynot is going to have their kart track open this year. Just got an email from the track promoter. Good to see a new track. I may have to do some traveling with the boy this year. See what tracks we like.

No problem. There is also 22a speedway which is only about 15 minutes east of Gator, and Beaver Creek in Alabama. If you ever want to go a bit farther there is Hartsmill Highbanks at Trezevant, TN. That is my favorite track even though I don't run well there.

Where are you located?
Just north of Columbus, MS

There's a kart track at Booneville that ran some last year, the kart counts aren't very high yet as it's a newer track but maybe that isn't too far for you, and it is a good track to learn on.
I'll check that out. Definitely need some seat time

The people that run that track are the definition of southern hospitality. Good ole boys and girls there. Treat you just like family and also do a race for St Jude.

Also just a heads up: Qualifying is everything at Gator, it is very difficult to pass due to the high speeds. It is a blast to race on though because it feels so fast

Back