Gear Bolts

AaronWarren

Alright I have a hub on my chassis, but no bolts to put on a gear, where do you all get your hardware? I must just not know how to search these stores.

*Edit
I found them

Last edited:
Any kart shop should have these. Likewise, any good trackside vendor should have these in their parts trailer. That's crazy if they do not.

For what it's worth, I prefer NON-serrated lug nuts, as the serrated ones tend to bite in and tear up your gears (and wheels), and are not necessary. If you tighten the nuts properly, they won't come loose. Knock on wood, I have never had a lug nut come loose yet (forgot to put them on once though.) :)
The non-serrated nuts and speed lugs will be a bit more difficult to find unless you order from a kart shop.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
26 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I also switched to the smooth nuts for my gear and wheel studs. I dont get too carried away with the studs for the sprocket, usually if I replace the studs on a wheel hub I'll salvage 4 of the best studs for the sprocket. I got a whole bin full of studs from over the years

I also switched to the smooth nuts for my gear and wheel studs. I dont get too carried away with the studs for the sprocket, usually if I replace the studs on a wheel hub I'll salvage 4 of the best studs for the sprocket. I got a whole bin full of studs from over the years

I'm with you, use wheel studs and lug nuts on the sprocket

Back