Gear Help

we have just started the last half of the summer so just a 12 but could buy more if needed
What kind of clutch are you running? something where you can change the drivers? We have a Noram stinger and it's great being about to buy a $15-$20 driver gear and not an entire clutch.

Take a look at this and see how much difference it really makes.
23 RPM on top. The lower gear ratio, by itself, could give you that.
tomru 9 29 20.jpg

KB speedway Wellsville NY, I was told that the 12/63 was what people were running
Sr clones are running either a 11/59-60 or a 12/66-67. We’ve won 5 races there this yr and again on Friday. I’m thinking a red plate would be on a 13 driver.

that would put him close to the gear ratio he is currently at. If he wants to start high and work his way down I wouldn't start no higher than a 68
Don't want to start high because you chance being gear bound and taking longer to figure it out, start low and work up.

I'm not sure I know not good but this motor is not mine waiting for my new one and it wont be done before this weekend

start with a smaller driver combination , use the smaller axel gears , have more ground clearance
I don't like sprocket guards , just more problems

Something I've always wondered about; sprocket sizes. Why do low horsepower, lower RPM, low-speed engines need to run such big sprockets and drivers?

I've done some 2 cycle induro racing's
and I've never used anything larger than a 14 tooth Drive sprocket, with a 4- 1 ratio. The KT100 can easily turn 14,000 RPM with speeds around 100 miles per hour. I ran one race, that I won by a very large large margin, on a track with a very very long straight, in the McCullough 101 class, with a 10/53 ratio set-up. It makes me wonder why that type of thinking wouldn't work with a 4 cycle. It's something to think about.

Something I've always wondered about; sprocket sizes. Why do low horsepower, lower RPM, low-speed engines need to run such big sprockets and drivers?

I've done some 2 cycle induro racing's
and I've never used anything larger than a 14 tooth Drive sprocket, with a 4- 1 ratio. The KT100 can easily turn 14,000 RPM with speeds around 100 miles per hour. I ran one race, that I won by a very large large margin, on a track with a very very long straight, in the McCullough 101 class, with a 10/53 ratio set-up. It makes me wonder why that type of thinking wouldn't work with a 4 cycle. It's something to think about.
The biggest part of an Engine turning RPM is the Engine it's self, So different gearing is needed.

Back