Gearing chart I made for Michigan tracks

I took this down because it was confusing and we keep updating our gear chart because everyone has a different awnser, which i expected

Last edited:
I am confused on why such a low number rear gear? I could be wrong but it may work but I would never put a really low rear gear number like numerically on my kart. Ratios seem to be correct but I would change the front and rear sprockets to get something a little more common because a lot more people have 58-70 tooth gears than down in the 53s. I may be wrong so please correct me if I am.

I am confused on why such a low number rear gear? I could be wrong but it may work but I would never put a really low rear gear number like numerically on my kart. Ratios seem to be correct but I would change the front and rear sprockets to get something a little more common because a lot more people have 58-70 tooth gears than down in the 53s. I may be wrong so please correct me if I am.
Actually the low numbered rear gears 53 and lower, even in the 40s work great with the predator, however that's with the right size front drivers, and what is shown isn't correct provided the track sizes are correct.

I posted this to see what people think, and to improve it, anything I can improve

Your engine class and desired rpm at the end of the straights would give us a reference point. The gears we run in Box Stock Predator at 4900 rpm arent the same as what we run in clone (7000), stock appearing (7800) and small block open (8600) on the same track, same day.

I posted this to see what people think, and to improve it, anything I can improve
With 15 T on clutch for the 1/8 mile track your not far off with 51, 52 rear.
With 15 T on clutch for the 1/5 mile track your like 14 numbers to high with a 60 rear.
With 15 T On clutch for the 1/4 mile track your like 20 numbers to high with 63,64 rear.
The actual number rear would depend on how much momentum the tracks actually make of course.

Something is not right. My wife runs a 12/56 on a 1/11 mile
We were hitting speeds of 60 mph plus. 18-19 second lap times. We run 12 66 on 1/5 mile in Grand Haven with a animal on meth. 1/11 mile would be misereable. Might as well be driving in a cirle lol. If your in Michigan and have a champ kart, I'll send you the schedule for Grand Haven. Come out and run with us.

Back