Gearing for Columbus Speedway 1/4 mile

If you have a tach , try a 16 or 17 driver , and a 63 sprocket and see where your at . I would try the 17 first , and also have an 18 , just in case . If you max out rpm's go up on the driver . JMO

If you have a tach , try a 16 or 17 driver , and a 63 sprocket and see where your at . I would try the 17 first , and also have an 18 , just in case . If you max out rpm's go up on the driver . JMO
You are aware if you start to far off to much, you'll be gear bound and the tach reading is useless, until you get a lot closer.
And with a 16 or 17 63 he'd be way off, if indeed the track is a quarter mile, now if you know the track and it's no where near that big, that's a different story, but I assume not because you haven't pointed that out.

What’s a good starting driver and rear gear.
That can vary a lot based on the amount of grip the track makes, to stay with normal gear set on rear 53 driver and up the smallest driver you can use would be an 18.
What is your current gear selection like ? what all front driver sizes do you have, and rear gear selection ?

Adult clone should be 17 or 18 driver with 62-63 rear gear @ Columbus on the big track. We ran 17:65 with a flathead there in years past with success. I suspect a Predator will be in the 20T driver range, depending on rpm you actually turn it.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

At Columbus in the wee early clone days I ran a 18 64 there at just over the 350 lb weight rule , ran that same combo at Greensburg also when karts raced there !

Back