Gearing for dirt oval

Depends on how long the track is, how much grip is available, what class you are running, and how fast the corners are. Its shocking how many people wont do this, but ask the track promotor or others in your class. The is no set answer but there are things you could be told here if you supplied this info.

do you have a tach and what class? Clone = 6800 at the end of straight. Predator OTB 4600-4800. Flat head around 6800. flat head limited 9700. those are all the ones I know

is it a true out of the box or are there mods allowed? a true OTB predator is 4600-4800 anything over that is way past HP peak

Heres my rulebook

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210929-175714_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20210929-175714_Samsung Notes.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 35
What I read there was you have to use the stock muffler too. The 5400 rpm is checked with the kart on a stand, not on the track with you in it. Big difference. As stated above 4800-4900 is the sweet spot ON THE TRACK, not on a stand.

What I read there was you have to use the stock muffler too. The 5400 rpm is checked with the kart on a stand, not on the track with you in it. Big difference. As stated above 4800-4900 is the sweet spot ON THE TRACK, not on a stand.
I work at a University seems like reading comprehension is a thing of the past. if they are out there with pipes guess the track doesn't know the rules either

Trust me im a racer at Jackson and they dont even set our max rpm we have do it, and they didnt even tech our cars, the kart program is on its decline there as well as the mini cup and mini stock car division everyone seems to bring a micro or mini sprint anymore

Trust me im a racer at Jackson and they dont even set our max rpm we have do it, and they didnt even tech our cars, the kart program is on its decline there as well as the mini cup and mini stock car division everyone seems to bring a micro or mini sprint anymore
I guess they deserve their decline.

Back