Gearing for Mid-Ohio Yamaha sprint?

Hoppy

First time going to Mid-Ohio. Sure would appreciate someone steering us in the right direction on gear ratios. Running Yamaha Sprint (with pipe).

Thanks,

Hoppy

Last edited:
Anyone want to help me on this one? I'm thinking Daytona gear or Roebling Road (4.35). Surprised no one has offered their opinion yet.

:cry:

Hey Hoppy
I have run there for many years since around 87 in sprint sit up yami
4.6 to 4.8 depending upon the day and the wind with a 34" tire There is a lot of up hill sections....about 12900 heading up into the keyhole and about 14900 -15100 heading down hill on the backstretch. Laptimes around 1:46

Hey Hoppy
I have run there for many years since around 87 in sprint sit up yami
4.6 to 4.8 depending upon the day and the wind with a 34" tire There is a lot of up hill sections....about 12900 heading up into the keyhole and about 14900 -15100 heading down hill on the backstretch. Laptimes around 1:46
Thanks Shifty...that helps allot. We try to come to the track with the correct gearing...at least within a tooth or two on the rear. No fun swapping the driver gear at the track if you don't have to. My son and I will be bringing two sprint Yamis from Tampa this year.

Shifty,

What tires should we run there? We race out of TS so we prefer VEGA's. I guess my question would be is Mid-Ohio an abrasive track or what should we expect.?

Your probably going to want to run old used tires. There is so much rubber laid down on the track you'll have enough traction. I run Animal Sprint Enduro and I've always used old tires and have plenty of grip, to the point of widening everything out to not 2 wheel.

Your probably going to want to run old used tires. There is so much rubber laid down on the track you'll have enough traction. I run Animal Sprint Enduro and I've always used old tires and have plenty of grip, to the point of widening everything out to not 2 wheel.
Thank you for that info. We run Vega Whites and Green Vegas most of the time. Green being more durable. What tires do you run?

Back