Gearing question

F1F21

So I am getting ready for the new season and need help with gearing... I know the great debate is gear ratio is gear ration and I’m not wanting to open another can of worms here but I just ordered 16-18 front drivers so what gear combo would someone recommend for a mostly flat 1/4? It shorter straightaway with long sweeping turns and the back stretch for the most part is a slight turn. Dirt but for the most part dry slick and rubbers up. The class I am running is an open predator(which is what is considered a clone here in CA but everyone runs the predator with billet internals) and I want to get in the 6800-7100 range. Just wanting to get an idea from guys here that have probably forgotten more about karting than I will ever know lol. Oh and for what it’s worth we have to run treads not sure on the duro rule. Like I said I’d just like to get a good idea of a starting point and I think I might be ok to adjust from the starting point. Thanks!

A track close 1/4 mile here gearing for Sr Clone a 19/65 would be good start, however most tracks over estimate there size and with shorter straight's the turns can only sweep so much, plus it sounds like it doesn't make a lot of grip which affects gearing as well, I'd want rear gears from 60 to 66 at an absolute min, without any proven info I 'd start out with a 17/63 and tune from there based on my RPM 1st run out, keep in mind the track will naturally gain 200 plus RPM 1st practice to second, and usually still be gaining even more into qualifying but only testing will prove how much. If you would get a chance to walk the Groove stepping it off and find out it's good bit small you'll need to adjust front driver from there as it will be smaller.

Back