Gearing school

Slack2014

Low rear is translated into speed
Low front would be torque/ off the corner

high front would be for a big track
High rear needed to keep up rpm

teach me please it’s a big downfall in my program

What works for you is translated into speed, where your running clone 400 lb on a Saturday night show use a 14 front driver with whatever rear you hit your target rpm with, which right now with the track being little slicked over yet with the new clay your rear should be real close to a 59 or 60, that's all you need to know with gearing lol !! Put more thought and learning into your tires !!

Sr Clone gearing 101 all you need to totally understand is keep rear between 56 and 62 and use whichever front driver matches up to hit your target RPM, and you can't go wrong !! If that's not getting it done 99 % of the rest of the speed you need to find search elsewhere !!

Will
In I've never heard the term high or low when referring to the size of the gear. I've always heard that higher or lower was referring to the ratio. 3 – 1 is a "higher" ratio than 4-1. In the ratio ranges commonly used in 4 cycle racing, one tooth change on the engine is equal to a 4 tooth change on the axle. 15/60 – 4.0, 16/64 – 4.0 etc. etc.

If you add one tooth to the axle, and you gain 100 RPM at the end of the straight, you're going the same speed.. Approximately.

Your 1st post makes perfect sense and is totally understandable, don't let post #4 screw your mind up.

You got it understood and listen to racing promotor NOT post #4.

Back