Gearing

Bigred28

I was wanting to go to a 12 tooth driver on the front and I have been running the 11/66 what would be around the same gear when running a 12 tooth ???

If it takes an 11/66 you don't want to go to a 12 driver, BUT if you did it would be a 12/70 ( not the same ratio ), I would question though that your correct on a 11/66 now, which class and weight are you running, Flat kart or Champ ? which tires ? how big is the track ?

Flat kart / yellow Vegas and bjs it’s a little bigger than a bullring and I running 11 tooth but it turns way to high at like 7500 I need to be a like 6800 max and the weight or 341 and stock appearing

Flat kart / yellow Vegas and bjs it’s a little bigger than a bullring and I running 11 tooth but it turns way to high at like 7500 I need to be a like 6800 max and the weight or 341 and stock appearing
Then why run a 66 rear, it would need to be a 58 or 59 for 6800, in this case go to a 12 driver with a 62 and go from there.

If you able to maintain momentum the 12 will help but if not and your drops are huge keep the 11 on and put a 59/60 on the rear as said above. That should get you to your target rpm.

If you able to maintain momentum the 12 will help but if not and your drops are huge keep the 11 on and put a 59/60 on the rear as said above. That should get you to your target rpm.
Keep in mind he'll only be on a 62 ish rear he should not have a momentum issue, a better sign of that would be if he needed to be on a 66 or bigger to get the 6800 rpm.

It appears
There is a consensus that you're turning too many RPMs now. What do you think?
If you just replace the driver with a 12 T, and turn 6900 RPM (as was suggested) you'll be going pretty much the same speed, within .10 mph, on the top, as you are now.

6_30_2022 12 66.jpg

Thank you guys I’ll let y’all know how it goes this weekend .. gonna try out my new build reason for ask about gearing is bc my max toqure is 6500 and my max hp is at 6700 with 23.45hp .. I’ll let y’all know if y’all help me thanks

It appears
There is a consensus that you're turning too many RPMs now. What do you think?
If you just replace the driver with a 12 T, and turn 6900 RPM (as was suggested) you'll be going pretty much the same speed, within .10 mph, on the top, as you are now.

View attachment 9902
Al he's the one that states he's turning to many RPM, see his post #4 were just responding accordingly.

A stock appearing max hp at 6700 rpm . Theres nothing wrong with turning 7200 or more . You want your average rpm around 6700 .
Lowest rpm off the corner at peak torque at 6500 .

I'm now confused !! you state above the 11/66 was turning 7500 rpm way to much, where did that info come from ?
I had my dads tach on it before and it was 7500 and I have just got my motor back for engine builder and it that’s that I don’t need to turn it over 6800

Back