Gearing

Oldguy

What would be a good place to start for this track. 1/8 mile flat,long straights,tight corners. Senior heavyweight,open class. Any help would be appreciated.

We built a predator 224,to see what we get. Probably trying to get 7000-7200. And keep it in one piece.

We built a predator 224,to see what we get. Probably trying to get 7000-7200. And keep it in one piece.
You'd be closer with the 14/63 than an 11/70 would be, I'd start somewhere more in the middle like a 13/63, rpm drop and momentum will be the key where you end up.

Wouldn't an 11 68 cause the valves to float because of a super low driver and a higher gear
The answers you are getting based on this being an open class. As per original post.
If this is for an adult clone class, the gearing will be too deep.
And contrary to how to make speed and momentum with a stock engine.

The OP is somewhat confusing.

The answers you are getting based on this being an open class. As per original post.
If this is for an adult clone class, the gearing will be too deep.
And contrary to how to make speed and momentum with a stock engine.

The OP is somewhat confusing.
I too thought this was an open class post. I’d be on a 12-60 if we’re talking clones

I said it’s a well modified predator 224 adult heavy. By open class I mean non sanctioned no rules affair. Sorry for the confusion.

I too thought this was an open class post. I’d be on a 12-60 if we’re talking clones
I ran a 12/60 and on our rwub track not sure of the size, I only topped out at 56-5800 rpm but had way more in the motor, I'm gonna try a 13/62 and see if that help pick up the rpm, track can handle around 7500 to 8000 rpm...I built a 9 rand motor so I wanna make it sing. Predator 212

This motor on my son's cart only has a .275 cam, not a built engine, mine has been fully built capable of 9000 rpm, what gear would you run?

Back